Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[Bozza has too much time on his hands]

Ain't no doubt about that.

But it helps solve two issues:

1. People who are only interested in the Albion discussions, and not the fun stuff on here.
2. vBulletin's in-built search function isn't great on a site this size, so it may help people locate other stuff, eg: filter by travel to find the most recent "I'm going to New York what shall I do?" thread. This will take a bit of time to be effective though.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Will it be possible to have a filter that allows you to take out specific prefixes, but keep everything else Bozza? (It's ok if that's already the case, I'm on my phone so it might work slightly differently.)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Harvest Festival?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will it be possible to have a filter that allows you to take out specific prefixes, but keep everything else Bozza? (It's ok if that's already the case, I'm on my phone so it might work slightly differently.)

I'm not aware that it is, out of the box anyway.

I can see that it would be useful though, so there may well me a plugin written I can install to do that. I'll add it to the list.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I've made thread prefixes mandatory now. This means when you create a new thread, you need to select which category it is.

View attachment 90113

If you think there is anything obvious missing from this, let me know and I'll add it.

The main reason for this is to allow people to quickly filter to the conversations they are interested in, using the filter at the top of the forum page. In many cases, this will be to find Albion-related threads and remove the rest of the stuff that they aren't interested in.

View attachment 90115

I know some will say that there is not always a single category and I agree. Just choose the most obvious based on your opening post. If a thread goes off at a completely different tangent, I will change the prefix as is appropriate.

(Those who object to this change and repeatedly choose the wrong prefix as some sort of protest, will find they lose their ability to start new threads)
How does this work in Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't see an option for adding a prefix to a new thread though, or for searching/filtering on existing prefixes.

You are - but you're asked after you submit the thread title and post content. It's still mandatory.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apple Ponces

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I don't like it , it's far to stalinistic far to quick , i will be organising a march when i'm off my crutches .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a thought - are the categories too specific? I mean, are there too many - for instance, surely film, TV and music could be lumped into one category, 'entertainment'. Food and drink are other obvious candidates to combine. Do we need two categories for Brighton AND Sussex? - or 4 separate ones for Albion, football, cricket and other sports? Football would surely be adequate to include Albion, and just a second category for other sports. Might look tidier and maybe more manageable.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Ain't no doubt about that.

But it helps solve two issues

But it creates another one. As someone who usually has a multitude of tabs open it makes many tab titles look the same which is very annoying and completely user unfriendly.

Sorry. Not a fan.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Just a thought - are the categories too specific? I mean, are there too many - for instance, surely film, TV and music could be lumped into one category, 'entertainment'. Food and drink are other obvious candidates to combine. Do we need two categories for Brighton AND Sussex? - or 4 separate ones for Albion, football, cricket and other sports? Football would surely be adequate to include Albion, and just a second category for other sports. Might look tidier and maybe more manageable.

Gotta agree with this...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Adherence to the prescribed categories is MANDATORY. Stop complaining or you will be BANNED.

I agree btw.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Good work, yes.

Most of them were set years ago and have been sitting there largely unused. I'll refine them later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here