View Poll Results: How do you make cheese on toast?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • With grated cheese

45 24.06%
  • With sliced cheese

127 67.91%
  • With cheese neither grated nor sliced (please state)

7 3.74%
  • I don't have cheese on toast (WTF?)

8 4.28%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Sliced (extra mature cheddar). However at the moment I'm going through a bit of a croque monsieur fad which I like to do with emmenthal. I don't usually entertain pre sliced cheese in the house but Aldi and Lidl do a pre sliced pack of emmenthal for £1.69 which works out at about £4.50 per kg which is cheap for emmenthal so in that case I make an exception for pre sliced packs. Incidentally I also buy my extra mature cheddar (not pre sliced) from Aldi/Lidl as that is only about £4.50 per kg too. My cheese buying yardstick is £5 per kg. Anything below is cheap and anything above is expensive.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You can't grate Stinking Bishop or brie,

FFS.

SLICED!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sliced (extra mature cheddar). However at the moment I'm going through a bit of a croque monsieur fad which I like to do with emmenthal. I don't usually entertain pre sliced cheese in the house but Aldi and Lidl do a pre sliced pack of emmenthal for £1.69 which works out at about £4.50 per kg which is cheap for emmenthal so in that case I make an exception for pre sliced packs. Incidentally I also buy my extra mature cheddar (not pre sliced) from Aldi/Lidl as that is only about £4.50 per kg too. My cheese buying yardstick is £5 per kg. Anything below is cheap and anything above is expensive.
      So you only buy cheese that is exactly a fiver a kilo? That's damned precise. Hats off to you

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      So you only buy cheese that is exactly a fiver a kilo? That's damned precise. Hats off to you
      No, £5 per kilo is merely the yardstick I use to judge whether a cheese is cheap or expensive. I realise that is quite a low threshold, and of course I do go above it for the more exotic cheeses but I often buy them in the reduced section. However before purchasing from the reduced section I do a quick calculation looking at the price to weight ratio. To get a precise figure this sometimes requires assistance from my mobile phone calculator as those cheeses might be cuts from the deli counter so can be very random weights. Imagine my delight, after a quick calculation, when I discover a 377g slice of Cambozola reduced to £1.86 actually costs £4.93 per kilo. That obviously goes straight in my basket.

*Disclaimer: When doing the mobile phone calculator thing at the reduced section I try to give the impression that I'm sending a text rather than doing a price calculation as I'm fully aware that might look a bit weirdly obsessive.

0 Not allowed!
      Used to be slice, but now grated cheese is the same price as a block here kg for kg, seems pointless grating oneself so now it's grated on everything.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

1 Not allowed!
      No, £5 per kilo is merely the yardstick I use to judge whether a cheese is cheap or expensive. I realise that is quite a low threshold, and of course I do go above it for the more exotic cheeses but I often buy them in the reduced section. However before purchasing from the reduced section I do a quick calculation looking at the price to weight ratio. To get a precise figure this sometimes requires assistance from my mobile phone calculator as those cheeses might be cuts from the deli counter so can be very random weights. Imagine my delight, after a quick calculation, when I discover a 377g slice of Cambozola reduced to £1.86 actually costs £4.93 per kilo. That obviously goes straight in my basket.

*Disclaimer: When doing the mobile phone calculator thing at the reduced section I try to give the impression that I'm sending a text rather than doing a price calculation as I'm fully aware that might look a bit weirdly obsessive.
      I do appreaciate a clear answer and that, my friend, was clarity.

1 Not allowed!

I imagine I’m not the only one disappointed with the lack of detail in your post.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      Used to be slice, but now grated cheese is the same price as a block here kg for kg, seems pointless grating oneself so now it's grated on everything.
      Pregrated goes mouldy much quicker. Also a bit of mould on a block of cheese isn't really a problem as you just cut it off but that's not an option with grated
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I imagine I’m not the only one disappointed with the lack of detail in your post.
      I'd rather too much information than not enough. I find those posts really frustrating that tease you with a bit of information that leave too many questions unanswered such as when someone posts that they were buying second hand lingerie for a friend and don't explain why. I'd rather get it all out there in the first place.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Well - what do you do?
      Blimey Boz!! are you crodonilson in disguise
      برايتون حتى أموت