Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Cheese on toast - grated or sliced cheese?

How do you make cheese on toast?

• With grated cheese

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • With sliced cheese

Votes: 127 68.3%
  • With cheese neither grated nor sliced (please state)

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I don't have cheese on toast (WTF?)

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
So then. How many of you have had some cheese on toast since reading this?

:lolol:

I'm dreamin' about it for later ..... with Marmite (no Vegemite for me), peanut butter, some rocket/watercress (but I don't have any) and thinly sliced mature cheddar on white bread and butter, sprinkle of paprika ... oh and some seeds

prefer grated cheese, but usually too lazy, if I'm feeling really lazy I use pre-sliced emmental

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fine grated or coarse grated

2eggs 332e.jpg

Cheddar (or Lancashire) with Worcester Sauce, powdered English Mustard and Crème fraîche.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm a right lazy fecker but you have to question yourself if you're too lazy to grate some cheese and put a grater in the dishwasher.

Having said that. My wife generally makes mine for me (with GRATED cheese).

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm a right lazy fecker but you have to question yourself if you're too lazy to grate some cheese and put a grater in the dishwasher.

Having said that. My wife generally makes mine for me (with GRATED cheese).

I've questioned myself ... still waiting for an answer.

Don't have a dishwasher or one of those wife things

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hmmm, and makes a dreadful mess of the grill pan.

Solution

Tin Foil over the grill pan and foil straight in the bin afterwards

OR

Grill on a small baking tray and baking tray straight in the dishwasher afterwards.

If you use appropriate utensils you should never ever need to clean your oven or grill. My mother used to clean her oven every Sunday evening. I don't think I have cleaned an oven in 30 years. The glass part of the door needs the occasional clean but that's about it

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Sliced. No question. More interestingly, however - what about the bread? Do you toast both sides first before adding cheese, or just one side and add the cheese to the untoasted side before toasting the cheese?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Solution

Tin Foil over the grill pan and foil straight in the bin afterwards

OR

Grill on a small baking tray and baking tray straight in the dishwasher afterwards.

If you use appropriate utensils you should never ever need to clean your oven or grill. My mother used to clean her oven every Sunday evening. I don't think I have cleaned an oven in 30 years. The glass part of the door needs the occasional clean but that's about it

Partly agree, but ovens still get grimy from spray and steam etc. Best option is a periodic professional job by one of those mobile oven-cleaning lot - they do a brilliant job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here