Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panto

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I was in Peter Pan at the Dome with Colin Baker when I was 11, which was great fun. I learned a lot about older girls bodies doing that season. I'm pretty gobsmacked the large theatres in town aren't doing panto anymore actually, humbug!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I am.

Small village, not a lot going on during winter, great way to get to know 'the locals', any excuse to wear tights. :shrug:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I always wondered why Worthing had two pantos, given that they both seemed to struggle selling tickets. I can only assume that no-one at the council was prepared to put up with the hissy fit if they decided to cancel one of them.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
So the options are Snow White with Mulhern at Crawley, Snow White with the one and only Chesney Hawkes at Worthing or Sleeping Beauty with Honey G in Hastings.

Think I'll give it a miss.

Remember when the London Palladium one was the one to see. Went once, Aladdin I think. Cilla Black and Leslie Crowther starred as I recall, and Basil Brush also featured. Sure that most of you can work out within a couple of years either side as to when that was :)

..And for the sake of completists..... cillapalladium70b.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Remember when the London Palladium one was the one to see. Went once, Aladdin I think. Cilla Black and Leslie Crowther starred as I recall, and Basil Brush also featured. Sure that most of you can work out within a couple of years either side as to when that was :)

Born in '81 so i'll say the cup final year...2004

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw Basil Brush in Aladdin at the Theatre Royal, with Yana (who was well past her best by then) as Aladdin. The show also featured Bernard Bresslaw and Clive Dunn

That's when Brighton had pantos

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Born in '81 so i'll say the cup final year...2004

2004 ? Blimey, I would have said more like early 70s !!

Jul 7, 2003
I always wondered why Worthing had two pantos, given that they both seemed to struggle selling tickets. I can only assume that no-one at the council was prepared to put up with the hissy fit if they decided to cancel one of them.

They binned the second panto a couple of years ago. Ended up that one would be a 'traditional' panto at the Connaught - written by the great Christopher Lillicrap - and the Pavilion one was more flashy and usually contained some zzz list reality TV or x-factor drop out and a Southern FM presenter (I'm sure Richie Reynolds must have done one). People would often go to both - god knows why.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never been to panto in my life.
This is a confusing post but you felt the need to say this so:

A: You're pissed and saw a thread which you had to comment on. Then realised you had no opinion on it.

B: You really hate pantomime. You despise it. But you're not sure why. However, some prick has started a thread about it so you need to point out that it's not for you without being offensive.

3. You haven't ever been to a pantomime and think that people will find this fact interesting.

D. There is no 4.

I'm confused.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyway. They always have two major pantos in Sheffield, one at the Lyceum and one at City Hall.

The Lyceum one is "posh" and involves some minor celebrities. Which these days means a random or two from soap operas or X Factor who neither me or my ten year old son have ever heard of.

The City Hall one is amateur and is an institution in the city. Exactly the same every year, never mind the chosen story. A superb spectacle and very funny. No stars, just a right laugh. Sells out every night, every year.

This thread has reminded me that I best get some tickets soon or we'll end up in the gods with no chance of throwing dough balls at the dame during the cooking bit....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here