Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 West Ham tickets showing as available on ticket website

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It sold out in tier 2. That means within the first 3 days (I can't remember if it went to the third day now).
Agree..slightly different to Swansea that barely sold out in T2, but in principle I think the better option if a few extras are released is to open them up to anyone on a first come first served basis. It's only ever a modest number anyway. Maybe hold back a further % from the allocation to add to it, and have a free-for-all a week before the game for a 100 tickets or something......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it’s right that the club give the tier where the initial “sell out” happened to have first dibs on these tickets. Why should it become s free for all when there’s still plenty of time to lower the points ahead of the game if tickets remain.

But those in the second tier had plenty of chance to get the tickets when they were first sold. The original sale dates made it very clear when you could buy them as a second tier person so if you really wanted to go then you would have bought them without a problem. I doubt anyone that tried to get them on that day missed out.

There must be literally thousands who are just outside tier two or beyond who would love to get a ticket and yet they are not being given an opportunity even when second tier people have had their chance.

Earlier in the season return tickets came up and those allowed to buy were in line with the original sale dates. This meant those outside the "closed shop" had a chance, albeit a small one, of getting a ticket. Now they don't even have that. Second tier had their chance to get a ticket, why not open it out? Seems fair to me (said as a first tier person who has no grudge to bear but knows others who are screwed by this).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But those in the second tier had plenty of chance to get the tickets when they were first sold. The original sale dates made it very clear when you could buy them as a second tier person so if you really wanted to go then you would have bought them without a problem. I doubt anyone that tried to get them on that day missed out.

There must be literally thousands who are just outside tier two or beyond who would love to get a ticket and yet they are not being given an opportunity even when second tier people have had their chance.

Earlier in the season return tickets came up and those allowed to buy were in line with the original sale dates. This meant those outside the "closed shop" had a chance, albeit a small one, of getting a ticket. Now they don't even have that. Second tier had their chance to get a ticket, why not open it out? Seems fair to me (said as a first tier person who has no grudge to bear but knows others who are screwed by this).

Yeah, you're probably right.

I guess it depends on how sales actually went for the game in question. In this case - open it up. For any Man Utd returns - keep it at Tier 2 as there will be people there who missed out but wanted to go.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah, you're probably right.

I guess it depends on how sales actually went for the game in question. In this case - open it up. For any Man Utd returns - keep it at Tier 2 as there will be people there who missed out but wanted to go.

I think that would be fair. If you've had a day to buy them but didn't, I don't think you should bleat if you later miss out. But if they go in an hour then you're right it's fair they get first dibs on the returns. But you'll never please everyone I suppose.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think that would be fair. If you've had a day to buy them but didn't, I don't think you should bleat if you later miss out. But if they go in an hour then you're right it's fair they get first dibs on the returns. But you'll never please everyone I suppose.

West Ham there were still tickets in the afternoon of the 2nd tier sale date.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And there is still 8 available this morning. Club need to lower the points now., this is ridiculous.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I wonder how many tickets have been made available since it 'sold out.' There were 8 when I looked this morning, a few the other day and probably more at other times that have been put up and gone.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably but I suspect so long as those tickets keep getting bought (no matter how slowly) he doesn't give a shit.

I think that is a fair summary and I can see the argument as then they are going to the higher point people. However I still maintain that if they didn't buy them when they had a lot of the day they became available those people can't have been that bothered. I don't see why they don't stick to the original timescale. Those over 237 would still be able to buy the returns but alongside everyone else who qualifies. Seems fairer to me.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong - and apologies if this has already been mentioned - but it's all fine and dandy them saying they'll only sell to the bracket of points that it sold out at... But, if there's returns/cancellations/player returns etc etc, then it's not sold out is it?

In my view the dates should stand. If you're on the ball enough and that desperate to go and you keep refreshing the page until one pops up, you deserve it!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think that is a fair summary and I can see the argument as then they are going to the higher point people. However I still maintain that if they didn't buy them when they had a lot of the day they became available those people can't have been that bothered. I don't see why they don't stick to the original timescale. Those over 237 would still be able to buy the returns but alongside everyone else who qualifies. Seems fairer to me.

There's certainly an argument for allowing the next tier down to have a pop at buying the newly available tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe a few are bricking it and rushing to give their tickets back? :lolol:

There have definitely been a lot more returns on this one than for any other game for some reason. Still adding them this morning. Five available at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here