Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mitrovic Newcastle

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If what you are saying is true I would think CH will steer well clear of him.

That's probably true. He isn't one of these managers who thinks, ''there is a talent in there and I am just the guy to unearth it'' - That said, we do not really know that his reputation is not just the press having taken a disliking to him.

Loads of players who don't knuckle down and work hard have been shown the door over the years.

But Transfer news is a pain in the buttocks during the transfer window - its even worse at this time of the season. The BBC website is a waste of space in that Gossip Section. Reminds me of that Les Dawson and Ray Barrowclough gossiping women characters. Idle chatter about nothing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not a Hughton type of player, surely?

"Mitrović had a reputation for hot-headedness. It was clear they had signed a rough diamond when he received a yellow card 22 seconds into his debut for a foul on Southampton defender Matt Targett before picking up another one the following week for a wild lunge on Swansea City’s Neil Taylor. A week after that, he was sent off against Arsenal in just the 15th minute."

Source >>> https://whisp.rs/2xyotBb

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I am not so sure that the 'replacement' did fall through, I know there was much talk about it but I think it (the replacement did happen) going to review this !

EDIT

Was Perez from the Arse who loaned him to Deportivo so, if they sign him permanently, perhaps the Andone thing is not undone !

Of what I remember from that hectic day is that Deportivo wanted Perez AND another striker from Monaco, however the player Monaco were after fell through (I think from Bordeaux), so they stopped their striker going to Deportivo which in turn meant we couldn''t get Andone, after the fee and wages were agreed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere I still reckon this trip was to look at someone else, and the club are probably quite happen Mitrovic's people have jumped on it.

Louis Schaub seems to stand out when compared to all the other summer targets, esp now that we have an in with Suttner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of what I remember from that hectic day is that Deportivo wanted Perez AND another striker from Monaco, however the player Monaco were after fell through (I think from Bordeaux), so they stopped their striker going to Deportivo which in turn meant we couldn''t get Andone, after the fee and wages were agreed.

As there appears to be last minute transfer clusterf**ks across all of football, with teams and players screwing themselves over.
I'm sure January will bring a whole new measured approach to deals throughout the entire month. :facepalm:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
BHA linked with Mitrovic

Not sure if it's true, but if it is, not convinced he's any quicker or better than the strikers we currently have.

Think we need a striker with more pace. Any thoughts ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Mitrovic is a thug
Agree we could do with a little more aggressiveness in that position but not THAT much

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As said elsewhere I still reckon this trip was to look at someone else, and the club are probably quite happen Mitrovic's people have jumped on it.

Louis Schaub seems to stand out when compared to all the other summer targets, esp now that we have an in with Suttner.

I love a left footer :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here