Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan and the international break

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Genuinely had no idea Tim Cahill was still playing football until I saw this game. Assumed he'd long since retired.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So anyway, 86 year Tim Cahill has now scored more goals in all competitions this season than the entire Palace team.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Apparently they have another play off to play next month! they will have earned it if they make it....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Get in Timmy! Maty hardly had a thing to do all game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Better than meeting a South American team, though. That's why they switched continent, after all.

I believe they switched Confederations because Asia has three automatic qualification spots (rather than Oceana's single play-off spot) meaning they'd waltz through and no longer have to 4rse about with play-off matches.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I believe they switched Confederations because Asia has three automatic qualification spots (rather than Oceana's single play-off spot) meaning they'd waltz through and no longer have to 4rse about with play-off matches.

Yes, you're right. Worked out well.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Also because the Oceania group consisted of countries like Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Tahiti, all tiny islands that gave them no preparation when it came to playing against decent opposition..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just got back from Oz. Was pretty much gobsmacked that the ladies team, who are doing pretty damn good as it happens, just beat Brazil over both legs of their tie in the Women's World Cup. Even more surprised that instead of being called the Soccerettes, they're called (wait for it) The Matildas :lol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well done Matty, now get on that plane to blighty now

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Matt may not have had much to do, the woodwork did him a favour in the last mins, but I was pretty impressed by the Syrian keeper, considering how much he was under pressure all game he put in a decent shift.
Would be pretty cheap to get as well I would have thought, made me chuckle at the end when he went up to the players who had emotional heads in hands, shoved them and getting them to man up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here