Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd beat England?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I doubt many premier league clubs would lose to Iceland being 1-0 up as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How many England players would get into the starting line ups of those 3 teams (not including Cahill and Rashford). Kane yes but then who Ali may make the bench but thats probably it.

If you allowed England 2 weeks training to work on team cohesion they would still be beaten by all 3 teams and probably the whole of the top half of the PL.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There's only one way to settle this, The next International friendly England host Brighton (only the players who are not with other international squads) and we see who comes out on top.

I think we have a good chance

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah? So why don't the likes of Chelski and Man. City buy them all up, instead of spending £50M plus on better foreign players?

Not sure I quite get the question? Why don't Chelsea buy Gary Cahill or Danny Drinkwater? Why don't Man City buy Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker or John Stones?

I'm stumped mate :lolol:

Everyone of those England players out there, other than Vardy and Hart, play for the big six already. It would be a formidable team, with Cahill and Stones at the back, some wonderful full-backs in Walker, Rose, Clyne, Shaw, and Harry Kane up front with Vardy, supported by Lallana, Sterling, Walcott and Alli.. Imagine how many they would put past Palace!

I agree they might need a different manager

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure I quite get the question? Why don't Chelsea buy Gary Cahill or Danny Drinkwater? Why don't Man City buy Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker or John Stones?

I'm stumped mate :lolol:

Everyone of those England players out there, other than Vardy and Hart, play for the big six already.

They all play for big 6 teams which are bolstered by top class foreign talent. England would have a fantastic team if we could supplement the current squad with the likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Pogba and Eriksen.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Of course. But I maintain the the England side, if a premier league team, would win the league

For arguments sake, let's say City are currently the best team in the league. Sterling, Walker and Stones are there only 2 regular English first teamers. If they lost these 3 they'd replace them with players of at least equal quality. Even if they couldn't bring in replacements they have Sane, Danilo and Kompany waiting in the wings.

England would be underdogs at best mainly because they'd lose the midfield battle and wouldn't have the creativity to break City down.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For arguments sake, let's say City are currently the best team in the league. Sterling, Walker and Stones are there only 3 regular English first teamers. If they lost these 3 they'd replace them with players of at least equal quality. Even if they couldn't bring in replacements they have Sane, Danilo and Kompany waiting in the wings.

England would be underdogs at best mainly because they'd lose the midfield battle and wouldn't have the creativity to break City down.

Edit

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Cup upsets can always happen, but basically I would fancy us to beat England at the Amex

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For arguments sake, let's say City are currently the best team in the league. Sterling, Walker and Stones are there only 2 regular English first teamers. If they lost these 3 they'd replace them with players of at least equal quality. Even if they couldn't bring in replacements they have Sane, Danilo and Kompany waiting in the wings.

Alright, I'll give you Man City. But I'm starting to feel Man City are the best team that has ever been in the Premier League. England would give them a good run, I'm sure

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How many England players would get into the starting line ups of those 3 teams (not including Cahill and Rashford). Kane yes but then who Ali may make the bench but thats probably it.

If you allowed England 2 weeks training to work on team cohesion they would still be beaten by all 3 teams and probably the whole of the top half of the PL.

Ermmm, What about Kyle Walker, Citys first choice right back?

To be honest I think you have Kane, Ali, Walker, Rashford, Cahill and Jones if he is ever fit for United and England.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd hazard a guess that ANY of the top club teams in the world would beat the majority, if not all national teams.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well, bearing in mind that he's the England manager, that's rather unlikely......................................

That's why I used the word 'if'.............................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here