Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd beat England?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In one of those admittedly contrived debates on talkSPORT Joey Barton was of the view that in most of the best leagues, the best clubs would beat that country's national team (eg Real Madrid and Spain, Juventus and Italy, PSG and France, Chelsea/City/Utd and England - he wasn't so sure about Bayern beating Germany).

What do you reckon?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Not if THEY had Gareth f#cking Southgate as manager.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
In one of those admittedly contrived debates on talkSPORT Joey Barton was of the view that in most of the best leagues, the best clubs would beat that country's national team (eg Real Madrid and Spain, Juventus and Italy, PSG and France, Chelsea/City/Utd and England - he wasn't so sure about Bayern beating Germany).

What do you reckon?

Would the players who play for both play for club, country or "both"?

Would make little difference for England, but would for Germany etc..

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Obviously. Better managers, better players, play more games together. I reckon most championship teams would beat England. Except Wednesday. Not them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I reckon most Premier League Teams would have a better than good chance of beating the England team

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What do you reckon?
Beyond doubt.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I reckon even Palace could beat England.
Well,the least they’d do would be a 0-0

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
A better question is where England would finish in the First Division.

I think about 5th or 6th.

Having Kane and Rashford up front helps.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, in a one-off.

But put it the other way, if you took the 25 best England players and put them in a squad training day in day out, I reckon they'd win the league

Yeah? So why don't the likes of Chelski and Man. City buy them all up, instead of spending £50M plus on better foreign players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here