Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumnal dinners

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you watch Italian chefs on the TV they always tip the sauce into the spaghetti pan and mix before serving. English tend to put the spaghetti on the plate then pour the sauce on top.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you watch Italian chefs on the TV they always tip the sauce into the spaghetti pan and mix before serving. English tend to put the spaghetti on the plate then pour the sauce on top.

And it’s wrong, wrong I tell you.
Mia madre si girerà nella sua tomba

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Colcannon.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Left over homemade casserole for lunch today and jacket potato with sausages for dinner. Yum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just browned some braising steak and put in slow cooker with kidney, onion and a nice Ruby ale ready to go on tomorrow morning.

Knock up suet pastry tomorrow afternoon and steam ready for tomorrow night.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Baked apples stuffed with sultanas and dusted with brown sugar.

Jul 7, 2003
Proper butchers sausages, garden peas, potato and swede mash with lashings of thick, onion gravy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I realize that for some people it is essential to leave but I do not like meat left in a slow cooker I prefer to put it in a casserole dish in the oven on a low temperature on a timer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Autumn is when the slow cooker comes into its own. Can't beat a nice lump of brisket, slow cooked for 7 or 8 hours on a Sunday while we're out and about, and dinner ready whenever we decide to come back from the afternoon in the pub :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I realize that for some people it is essential to leave but I do not like meat left in a slow cooker I prefer to put it in a casserole dish in the oven on a low temperature on a timer.

Slow cooker is better for very long cooking IMHO, but what you’re describing is basically the same thing anyway.

Autumn is when the slow cooker comes into its own. Can't beat a nice lump of brisket, slow cooked for 7 or 8 hours on a Sunday while we're out and about, and dinner ready whenever we decide to come back from the afternoon in the pub :thumbsup:

This, 100%. House smells fantastic all day too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here