Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton on Sunday

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Back to it then.

Before the season would probably be one of those games we wouldn't of expected much from.

Would you take a point ?

No reason why we cant get right on the front foot at home against a side currently having problems, although when you look at who Everton have played this season its only really the Burnley result that is a real eye opener. They've already had to play City , Chelsea , Spurs and Utd.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d like to think we would go for 3 points and attack a team low on confidence

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A point would be good.

Even better would be a win and seeing Ronald Kieman berate his team (again)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They've had a ridiculous start to the season that saw them face Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd inside their first five games. That's tough for any side, let alone one that feels a bit in transition. But they've also beaten Stoke and Bournemouth (who doesn't apart from us).

Their one truly bad result was the most recent - losing at home to Burnley. If they'd won that, they'd probably be coming to us broadly happy with where they are looking to kick on with another 3 points. And they will be looking for three points.

As should we. Take a point? Nah.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They've had a ridiculous start to the season that saw them face Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd inside their first five games. That's tough for any side, let alone one that feels a bit in transition. But they've also beaten Stoke and Bournemouth (who doesn't apart from us).

Their one truly bad result was the most recent - losing at home to Burnley. If they'd won that, they'd probably be coming to us broadly happy with where they are looking to kick on with another 3 points. And they will be looking for three points.

As should we. Take a point? Nah.

This.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Have they got Jagielka and McCarthy fit for us too ?

a point would not be a bad result but hoping for more.

So far this season I have said "I'll be happy with a point" for every game, apart from Man City where I was just wishing us not to be massacred.

I can see no better outcome to be honest than a point Sunday.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Micheal Keane has be shocking so far this season - devoid of all the confidence he exuded playing for Burnley last year.
Let go at them and take 3 points.

Plus, Duffy or Dunk going straight through Rooney in the first 5 minutes and calling him 'a jug eared ****' will make for a great game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We have to be targeting the win in this game, they're in shocking form. If we want to stay up, we can't be looking to draw games with the standard teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another of those "look how far we've come" moments, if you'd told me 5 years ago that in 2017 we'd be in the Prem facing a side with Wayne Rooney in it, and were genuinely hopeful of a result...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here