Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

• Yes I do

Votes: 152 68.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 70 31.5%

• Total voters

Lush

Mods' Pet
For a more interesting poll

[ ] I am usually in the top tier and I think the system is fair
[ ] I am usually in the top tier and I think the system is unfair
[ ] I am NOT usually in the top tier and I think the system is fair
[ ] I am NOT usually in the top tier and I think the system is unfair

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think it's very close, so voted yes.

I think the "consecutive season tickets" part is unfair on those who had a season ticket, missed a year, and returned. I understand it going forward, to further encourage people to renew their season ticket, but I think it's harsh on those who missed a season.

I'd also be inclined to allow U18s from the tier below to buy a ticket from the tier above, if it was bought with an Adult in the tier above. That wouldn't be a case of fairness as such, hell it could hurt my chances, but comes from a place of familys going together and building for the future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I thought about something like that but didn't do it. :(

Still, there's always tomorrow...

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley

[✓] I am always in the top tier and I think the system is fair

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Mate ordered a tik for his mate who can't go for the swansea game I add,he rang the club who refused a refund,so he said he just pass on to another fan,they said fine��������

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why can't the club offer the option of an Away ST? Pretty straightforward to price now that there is a ceiling in place. Would offer an incentive to all the hardcore, who do virtually every away game and wouldn't have to buy tickets every time they come up for sale. Guarantees the Club more upfront income. Unlikely to sell more than 1000, which would still leave a healthy balance for most of the bigger games. STH get first priority on 90% of the balance. Non-STH get 10% plus any unsold balance from STH.
For away Cup games, away STH get one day preference.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it is an emotive subject....modern football does away with the casual football fan who may have other commitments or interests who has a free saturday/sunday /monday/tuesday etc etc and so you need to have a system that rewards those who currently want to go

this day and age, it is fine...

It would be nice to be able to go and see us away ( I only missed 1 away game the last time we were in the first division, but I had more time on my hands) but I understand that there are better fans than me now so I don't begrudge them anything....

It does seem a bit like chicken and egg these days...you need points to get away tickets, but need away tickets to get points to get away tickets. So you are stuffed really.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Think you need to expand this to Tier 1 and 2. I have manged to get tickets for every game I want without being in the top tier. West Ham tickets were still on sale in the afternoon of the Tier 2 sale date.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it's very close, so voted yes.

I think the "consecutive season tickets" part is unfair on those who had a season ticket, missed a year, and returned. I understand it going forward, to further encourage people to renew their season ticket, but I think it's harsh on those who missed a season.

I'd also be inclined to allow U18s from the tier below to buy a ticket from the tier above, if it was bought with an Adult in the tier above. That wouldn't be a case of fairness as such, hell it could hurt my chances, but comes from a place of familys going together and building for the future.

Hmmm.

On the missing ST point: I'd agree if they missed last season having held one for, say, the previous 5 years. I wouldn't agree if they missed the first season at the AMEX and have held one for the other 5 seasons (ie they want to have 180 LP as a starting point). I'm not sure about those who missed, say, season 3 at the AMEX. What is your solution for these people? Or season 4? Or season 2? You see the issue?

On the U18 being promoted a tier providing they go with an adult in one tier higher: in principle, yes. I might be inclined to lower the age a bit - to say 16. I started going alone at age 13 (albeit without my parents knowledge!). I'm not sure that a 16 year old can't go alone...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't really understand this type of comment. You think people that had season tickets at Withdean and before but haven't bothered having one at the Amex should have some sort of merit over those that have had seasons for the last 7 years! This ignores the probability that most of those in the top tier were not only season ticket holders over the last 7 seasons but also before that!

No I don't think that. Others in this topic think that the process rewards those who have been through the hard times, I am pointing out that it absolutely does not care where you were prior to the AMEX.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmm.

On the missing ST point: I'd agree if they missed last season having held one for, say, the previous 5 years. I wouldn't agree if they missed the first season at the AMEX and have held one for the other 5 seasons (ie they want to have 180 LP as a starting point). I'm not sure about those who missed, say, season 3 at the AMEX. What is your solution for these people? Or season 4? Or season 2? You see the issue?

On the U18 being promoted a tier providing they go with an adult in one tier higher: in principle, yes. I might be inclined to lower the age a bit - to say 16. I started going alone at age 13 (albeit without my parents knowledge!). I'm not sure that a 16 year old can't go alone...

The "missing an Amex season" example that Paul Barber referenced on The Albion Roar, was those who gave up their season ticket after the Sami Hyypia disaster, and then jumped back on with a half season ticket when Hughton was working his magic at the other end of the Championship. I'll paraphrase, but he said something about looking after fans who stuck by the Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmm.

The "missing an Amex season" example that Paul Barber referenced on The Albion Roar, was those who gave up their season ticket after the Sami Hyypia disaster, and then jumped back on with a half season ticket when Hughton was working his magic at the other end of the Championship. I'll paraphrase, but he said something about looking after fans who stuck by the Albion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Interesting. I have a long car journey tomorrow - I know what one of the podcasts I will be listening to is going to be.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Why can't the club offer the option of an Away ST? Pretty straightforward to price now that there is a ceiling in place. Would offer an incentive to all the hardcore, who do virtually every away game and wouldn't have to buy tickets every time they come up for sale. Guarantees the Club more upfront income. Unlikely to sell more than 1000, which would still leave a healthy balance for most of the bigger games. STH get first priority on 90% of the balance. Non-STH get 10% plus any unsold balance from STH.

That's makes too much common sense.

The club needs to award loyalty points to people who buy home season tickets. It's all about maximising income and not just about rewarding away supporters for their support at away games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We definately need an Away ST. Capped at 1000 - 1500 maximum issue with a waiting list if necessary.

Alongside a new AWS membership scheme for the rest of the tickets.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bit of a skewed poll either way. NSC is going to be full of the more hardcore fan and they're the ones who can get the tickets. So obviously it's going to be in favour of the scheme because of the "I'm alright jack" mentality.

Exactly this.

Although I am sure Bozza did not deliberately do that for barber points.

I think!!

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
never had a problem with away games in the Championship; jack shit chance of an away ticket this year [ maybe Stoke away] I am now a member of three London clubs [+ Fulham] and will have to sit on my hands in the event of an away goal! I am a STH but have nothing to show for first 3 seasons at the Amex whereas job circumstances prevented me from renewing in year 4.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Haven't read through all 10 pages so apologies if it's already mentioned, but I would modify the loyalty points scheme such that those who buy tickets only get points if our allocation for the match in question doesn't sell out. Where's the loyalty in being able to get a ticket for a match that loads of others wanted to go to but couldn't because we've sold out? The real loyalty is supporting the team when only a few want to go (or can be arsed)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd be interested to see what a similar poll would have said last season. Not sure if there ever was one which says something in itself. Had there been one though I doubt as many as 30% would say it was unfair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here