Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

Do you think the Albion's loyalty system for away tickets is fair?

• Yes I do

Votes: 152 68.5%
  • No I don't

Votes: 70 31.5%

• Total voters

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No I haven't. If I had, I would have known the answer to my own question. But as I am retired now it unlikely I will be asked again.

Ha. Fair point!

I would hope the answer is "no, they can't", but I do still think that the issue is probably moot.

There must be someone who owns a block of 1901 seats as a business on here... anyone?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I voted yes.

It's never going to be 'perfect' as there are multiple definitions of what loyalty is, and how it is comprised.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Bit of a skewed poll either way. NSC is going to be full of the more hardcore fan and they're the ones who can get the tickets. So obviously it's going to be in favour of the scheme because of the "I'm alright jack" mentality.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Bit of a skewed poll either way. NSC is going to be full of the more hardcore fan and they're the ones who can get the tickets. So obviously it's going to be in favour of the scheme because of the "I'm alright jack" mentality.

I reckon the "more hardcore fan" deserve the tickets and would classify their mentality as "I've put in the hard yards before the glory days and therefore deserve to be towards the front the queue jack".

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
I'd be happy if you could give some points to a family member or buy 2 tickets based on a combined LP score. Going to away games on your own is lonely :nono:

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I think it’s as fair as it could be. Even though that means I have absolutely no chance of (legitimately) buying an away ticket this season

Last season I went to 16 away games.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
No , simply because data was available to the club from the withdean era , therefore all loyalty points should have been started from when the club started collecting such data .
so what you saying then, because if you had season ticket at withdean it usually means you had one at the amex also.
during the withdean years tickets were sold first come first served for non season tickets and cup games in north street shop.
The club was generally in chaos during those times they couldn't even organise cup money for Cardiff play off without losing a large chunk due to collecting money in bin bags.
They lost the Robert Eaton flag as well during that period

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd be happy if you could give some points to a family member or buy 2 tickets based on a combined LP score. Going to away games on your own is lonely :nono:

Umm, but in order to have different levels of loyalty points such that you can go now but your family member can't must mean that you've been to at least a few away games alone previously, no?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I voted yes.

I've said on other threads I couldn't devise or defend a better system and it seems those who have put in the miles already get the rewards which is the way it should be. Am slightly concerned that it's going to be hard for youngsters to break in to and for families to go together but otherwise it's fine.

This is my worry too that parents and kids are going to find it hard to go to some away games. Otherwise I would not give points for going to the "glamour" games.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

or are not JCL's with a sense of entitlement?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The word 'loyalty' just ceases to have any meaning whatsoever in this context IMHO :shrug:

To be fair, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] picked me up on this point a couple of weeks ago - the club's official term is now "Season Ticket Holder Points" - colloquial usage has remained LP, including a couple of references by the club itself, not least a link on the front page of the ticketing website inviting users to "view Loyalty Points"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes its fair
No we don't need tickets held back for people living close to the away ground.
Nor do we need a ballot for 5% or whatever for people who only have a few points.
We certainly don't need to include the Withdean years or The Gillingham years or the Goldstone years as this would effectively bar youngsters from getting an away ticket forever and a day.
It is what it is and one that evoled from the previous one by placing more loyalty on kength on season ticket as opposed to season ticket (1 year) and points carry over to reward those that have been supporting the club for longer.
There are always winners and losers, but in society today too many losers want free hand outs without have put in the commitment to gain the reward.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes its fair
No we don't need tickets held back for people living close to the away ground.
Nor do we need a ballot for 5% or whatever for people who only have a few points.
We certainly don't need to include the Withdean years or The Gillingham years or the Goldstone years as this would effectively bar youngsters from getting an away ticket forever and a day.
It is what it is and one that evoled from the previous one by placing more loyalty on kength on season ticket as opposed to season ticket (1 year) and points carry over to reward those that have been supporting the club for longer.
There are always winners and losers, but in society today too many losers want free hand outs without have put in the commitment to gain the reward.

I'm disappointed that you refrained from using the phrase "snowflake generation", but that's the essence of what you're saying, I think?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Its fair. But it isnt equitable.

It also fails in basic factor of any loyalty scheme which is to allow new entrants to the scheme. Thus creating a closed shop of loyalty nor to be able to support family loyalty. This last factor actively causes people to drop out of the higher loyalty levels.

But nobody can say it isnt fair except for the elements of people then needing to abuse the system to protect their position

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
or are not JCL's with a sense of entitlement?

JCL's are the ones most rewarded for this, those who have had a ST while at the AMEX are in the drivers seat, Withdean and before counts for jack shit. The club can't win either way because everything like this is full of those wanting to take advantage in any way possible.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd like to see away attendance loyalty as separate to home.
Several fans live too far from Brighton to justify a home season ticket and so get their Albion "fix" at a handful of away games that are geographically close to them and thus affordable.

I went to places like Bolton, Burton, Derby, Weds and Wolves last year for my Albion "fix" managing a solitary home game against the Massive [and what a game it was].
Now, my football fix comes from Albion on the tellybox or SHREWSBURY. [I'm married to Brighton but having an affair with Shrewsbury, AFC Telford is my dirty mistress aka cheap]

I'd like to see Albion this season at WBA, Stoke, Burnley, Everton, Huddersfield and Liverpool but the current points system gives me zero chance of any of these.

Far as I'm concerned, STHers who didn't previously go to aways [bar the local ones] and who now can get tickets for the further aways are away fan JCLs - and they probably won't be there next season, and no chance they'll be there if we're relegated back to the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here