Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales tonight

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a fair bit of ABE from both sets of fans (though nowhere near the same level as the Scots). I think I'm marginally pro-Wales, for no particular reason that I can think of.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's true to say that the Welsh don't like the English, especially when it comes to Football and Rugby, but then neither do the Irish or Scots. I've lived in Wales for quite a while now and whilst match days can get a bit "partisan" generally they are alright. Knobheads will always be knobheads and look for an excuse for a row whatever the nationality.

I'm going tonight, I'll be supporting Wales and hoping that Duffy has a great game individually.

I'll give you a wave, we're behind the goal.

:wave:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's true to say that the Welsh don't like the English, especially when it comes to Football and Rugby, but then neither do the Irish or Scots. I've lived in Wales for quite a while now and whilst match days can get a bit "partisan" generally they are alright. Knobheads will always be knobheads and look for an excuse for a row whatever the nationality.

I'm going tonight, I'll be supporting Wales and hoping that Duffy has a great game individually.

I'll give you a wave, we're behind the goal.

Get the Albion flag out on display. :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks but I'm well aware of what accidental Partridge is, just wondering why you think my comment qualified.
Because you said you weren't partisan and then came out with a completely partisan comment in the same sentence.

For God's sake man. You couldn't get more Alan.

"Sorry, you're going to have to leave now"

"Oh, ah ha, ha ha yes, leave ha ha"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Because you said you weren't partisan and then came out with a completely partisan comment in the same sentence.

For God's sake man. You couldn't get more Alan.

"Sorry, you're going to have to leave now"

"Oh, ah ha, ha ha yes, leave ha ha"

Ah, gotcha! Partisan is the wrong word then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's true to say that the Welsh don't like the English

It may well depend on the sport. Mr K is sat on the sofa cheering on his countrymen again the Irish, but when England play (football), he displays no real feeling on the matter unless they're playing Wales of course. He often says he's quite happy to see England do well, and can't understand why they don't.

Stick the egg-chasing on, however, and it's a different story. I tend to leave the house when it's England against the daffodil-wagglers in the rugby, as he becomes suddenly unbearable. Luckily, we've won the last couple of encounters I think, so I've had the upper hand :lol:

I haven't told him I'm rooting for Big Shane tonight. More so since Wales brought on Joniesta, who mysteriously still seems to be legally a Crystal Palace player, and not a Real Madrid one.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It may well depend on the sport. Mr K is sat on the sofa cheering on his countrymen again the Irish, but when England play (football), he displays no real feeling on the matter unless they're playing Wales of course. He often says he's quite happy to see England do well, and can't understand why they don't.

Stick the egg-chasing on, however, and it's a different story. I tend to leave the house when it's England against the daffodil-wagglers in the rugby, as he becomes suddenly unbearable. Luckily, we've won the last couple of encounters I think, so I've had the upper hand :lol:

I haven't told him I'm rooting for Big Shane tonight. More so since Wales brought on Joniesta, who mysteriously still seems to be legally a Crystal Palace player, and not a Real Madrid one.

How's Mr K feeling now?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Frankly, any international side led by Hal Robson-Kanu up front, deserves all the failures they get.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Ireland do this I will actively seek out the plastic Taffy's in our office and insist on talking about football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A bit deflated, but pinning all his hopes on Woodburn.

He'd be better off turning his attention to . . ..

Woodbines as big as this ENGLISH Archibald.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two goals needed for Wales now, thanks to Croatia winning in Ukraine.

They don't look like scoring all night (then again Ireland didn't until they conjured that McLean effort).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jonny Williams is playing like a footballer who can't get into a piss poor Palace side.

It's a shame to see his much-touted career fading into mediocrity, isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here