Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket priority system is not quite fair

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Yes and no. Living in Bristol I generally can't make many home games but for the past 5-6years I've generally attended more than 3 quarters of away games along with 4 or 5 home games a year. Its frustrating that now we are in the premier league its quite simply impossible to get an away ticket any more. Its just a tad annoying that this was never the case in the championship and especially not the league one days but now its against the big boys its impossible for those of us who live at a distance to get tickets, especially with the new no handing over ticket rules (which i agree with for what its worth).

Saying this i do understand the clubs perspective. Season ticket holders contribute the most money to the club and therefore deserve a fair shot at getting hold of tickets and i am happy to see it going at higher loyalty points so those who I have seen over the years at away games are getting tickets ahead of people who only recently started attending the Amex in the recent 'glory years'.

I find it frustrating personally but do understand. I'm happy for those attending and am glad to see them representing us so well. Its a delight to watch on tv and i have a real sense of pride watching everyone sing their hearts out. Keep up the great support.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As stated on other threads I think there should be a 10% allocation of away tickets that are sold by lottery. Anyone who has a Brighton fan number can enter, meaning exiles like myself and others who maybe can't afford a ST have at least a chance to see an away game. If the club were really savvy they could also have an actual raffle, tickets £5, prize 2 away tickets. I think they would sell easily 100 raffle tickets every away game.

I'm fortunate enough to be in the top tier, but I agree that a percentage of away tickets could be made available in some form of lottery, or simply on a first come first served basis.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apologies - ST and away games. Why should someone with an ST who does away games too lose out to someone who doesn't have a season ticket and just fancies the odd away game? I understand that it wasn't a problem last season or the season before etc etc, but it is now and the people who have earned it through the last few years are rightfully first in the queue.

and there were lots of people who had a year out and rejoined. The ST queue was not 5000 strong halfway through 2015/16 season. They were even offering half season tickets that year at Christmas.

You could still buy new season tickets as late as December 2016. I bought one for a family member.

The clammer and the waiting list began early this year when after some key wins, folk began to realise that the PL dream was becoming more than that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm fortunate enough to be in the top tier, but I agree that a percentage of away tickets could be made available in some form of lottery, or simply on a first come first served basis.

But would you feel the same of you were on the tier2 tier3 line when 300 tickets were made available to low LP fans

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
That's an obvious answer. Because we are in the Premier League. Why on Earth wouldn't he?
Bacause we were playing football in shit divisions.
Now we are playing in the premier league, he suddenly realises he needs to watch us.
Why didn’t he make the effort to watch us before if he’s such a fan?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the system is designed to reward loyalty to the club, then why aren't points also given for the u23 and the WSL games? There was a few who travelled to Oxford on a Tuesday to support the u23's play against Oxford for a Johnstone Paint Trophy game. Surely the loyalty there should also get recognised in someway? Impossible to argue that a fan who goes to the Amex for a glamour tie is more loyal than one who regularly watches the reserves.

Fully agree.

You can have loyalty points for the U23s and WSL. These points however will only be available to use for away games for the U23s and WSL. So if the U23s progress out of their Checkeratrade group you can have priority for any future away tie.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The extreme version of this is when you live on the other side of the world and it costs about a grand to attend a home game.

I'll be back over Christmas and hoping to make it to at least a couple of games. Already booked up trips to see relatives and friends closer to away days at the correct times. Bet I don't have the points though especially being school holidays. Bit of a shame but we'll just have to stay in the PL long enough for me to visit again!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe a small percentage should be set aside for under 21s. It's not really their fault they weren't born or weren't taken when we were shite.

My 19 year old son goes to most away games with a group of friends all 18 or 19.
He's had a season ticket since day one at the Amex, and went to his first match at Withdean age 3.

He did most away games last season, and has been with me to a fair few in previous seasons, before he was let loose to go with his mates.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I was a STH since we have been at The Amex
I gave it up last year because we were on Sky so often and I think we only had 9 Saturday kick offs at home at 3.00pm
With that and travelling from North Devon and having a home life etc as I worked away quite a bit it just seemed a lot of money for very few home games so decided to do Away games as it worked out cheaper over a season

Newsflash mate! We are on Sky a lot this season too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the system is designed to reward loyalty to the club, then why aren't points also given for the u23 and the WSL games?.

I agree but the club would end up with another Bournemouth Caribou cup problem on their hands; it's unworkable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was a STH since we have been at The Amex
I gave it up last year because we were on Sky so often and I think we only had 9 Saturday kick offs at home at 3.00pm
With that and travelling from North Devon and having a home life etc as I worked away quite a bit it just seemed a lot of money for very few home games so decided to do Away games as it worked out cheaper over a season

Fair enough but that is still the choice you made.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems pretty straightforward when put like that..
There are a lot of people around whose definition of fairness is calibrated to whatever suits their current circumstances.

This in a nutshell.

No scheme is going to be ‘fair’, because everyone who can’t get a ticket has a different view on what would be fair, and seemingly all want to start a thread so they can scweam and scweam and stamp their feet about it. The club have (recent screw-ups aside) put in place just about the most sensible scheme they could.

Only possible change for me that could be seen to be reasonable would be a ballot for a % of away tickets for those in the lower LP tiers. Seems to work for other clubs, and wouldn’t impact the T1 uber fans if taken after they’ve had first dibs. Given the balls ups so far, and the crap exchange process, I suspect a ballot would be seen as too much admin for the club though as they don’t seem particularly geared up to handle such things.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I know that but a lot less than last season

Where have Sky/BT confirmed the full TV fixtures for the season? 8 of our 1st 12 league fixtures moved suggests you could well be wrong which would blow a hole in your reason for no season ticket last season compared to this season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here