Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket priority system is not quite fair

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Your wrong there as I had a season ticket right up until last season when I knew it wouldn't be worth buying because of the amount of home games on Sky etc and travelling from Devon
Instead I did the Birmingham,Preston,Barnsley etc away games
This year I purchased 2 season tickets
My points are minimal

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this before

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Only sell 100 raffle tickets for 300 tickets ??
I meant 10% allocation is distributed by lottery but people still have to pay the ticket price. The raffle idea was for one prize of two tickets for each away day. Sell 100 tickets, £500 for the club minus £60 for the 2 tickets.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Now it looks like I wont be able to watch the team play at all this season which is so annoying as I just want to see my club playing in the best league in the world.
Not really having a pop, but I know loads of people that have made an effort, from a lot further away then Bristol, to come and see the team play.
In league 2.
In league 1...and the championship.
Why is it now that you feel the need to make an effort to come and support us?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
So what would be fairer? You get a ticket over someone who regularly attends games both home and away?

At the end of the day, there has to be a system. A 'random lottery' wouldn't be fair either.

Those who go to the most games over the past few years are front of the queue. I can't see how this couldn't be considered fair.

It's unfair because the club only takes the last few years into account in determining supporter "loyalty". I have been attending matches for 43 years yet I am considered less "loyal" than somebody who has been to a few more away matches than I have since 2015!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Honestly, I don't get it. Bristol? It's not that ****ing far away, the only away game that they're complaining about is Swansea. The next closest are ... London? May as well go to a bloody home game.

Its 17 miles further than where I live and a better drive as is motorway all the way from Bristol so actually takes less time. I have a season ticket and go to aways. In order to do this I make sacrifices in other spending.When I was a youngster I missed a lot more games , because I couldn't afford it. I didn't complain about it.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Not really having a pop, but I know loads of people that have made an effort, from a lot further away then Bristol, to come and see the team play.
In league 2.
In league 1...and the championship.
Why is it now that you feel the need to make an effort to come and support us?

That's an obvious answer. Because we are in the Premier League. Why on Earth wouldn't he?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The only thing I feel is unfair about the current system is the CONSECUTIVE season tickets since the Amex. Plenty of people have had a year out for whatever (normally financial) reasons. And although could have been there for 4 years then had a break and got one again, they're way down, and have less points than than someone who jumped on the bandwagon 2 years ago when it looked like we could go up. That's my only gripe.

The exact boat I'm in.

19 out of 20 seasons as a STH, 50+ away grounds. Less than 100 loyalty points. :cry:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Let's see how far these loyal lot last if we ever crash down the leagues again. Loyalty my arse.

I'm sure many of those at the top end of the Loyalty Points list have supported the Albion for many years on the upward journey through the divisions, and wouldn't jump ship if we slipped back down.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Let's see how far these loyal lot last if we ever crash down the leagues again. Loyalty my arse.

Not sure if this is a massive woooosh moment but it was nice at Arsenal on the weekend to recognise so many faces in the away end. Loads of faces I recognised from when we were in the doldrums.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's unfair because the club only takes the last few years into account in determining supporter "loyalty". I have been attending matches for 43 years yet I am considered less "loyal" than somebody who has been to a few more away matches than I have since 2015!

Are you proposing +5 points for each year you've consecutively lived? :jester:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Your wrong there as I had a season ticket right up until last season when I knew it wouldn't be worth buying because of the amount of home games on Sky etc and travelling from Devon
My points are minimal

How did you manage to buy two season tickets this year? Genuine question because I thought there were 8,000 odd on the waiting list? Or were you on the waiting list all the time you had one? Clever if so

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not sure if this is a massive woooosh moment but it was nice at Arsenal on the weekend to recognise so many faces in the away end. Loads of faces I recognised from when we were in the doldrums.
I"m saying 5000 aren't going to be fighting over 2000 tickets to Bristol Rovers away. I've done loads of aways loads of pay on the gate now I've given up until things settle down. I'm not blaming anyone just saying I don't want to be a number in data base and told what to do just to go to a football match. Don't make me less loyal I've done them all in the past.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I'm confused. Has your support tailed off then? Are we to introduce a system that judges the last 50 years?

There had to be a point where they started and the move to Falmer was as good as any.

I have been seeing many of the exact same faces away so far this season as I have been seeing for my 18 years, so this point is also a little confusing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My points are minimal

Very odd decision as the club you have supported supposedly for many years gets promoted to the top division with all the kudos that involves and you decide now is the time not to keep going. Surely you would have given it one season?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
How did you manage to buy two season tickets this year? Genuine question because I thought there were 8,000 odd on the waiting list? Or were you on the waiting list all the time you had one? Clever if so

Got in early on the day when you had to register to go on the list
Was about number 400 and they only offered ST up to number 500 so got lucky [emoji106]

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Very odd decision as the club you have supported supposedly for many years gets promoted to the top division with all the kudos that involves and you decide now is the time not to keep going. Surely you would have given it one season?
I was a STH since we have been at The Amex
I gave it up last year because we were on Sky so often and I think we only had 9 Saturday kick offs at home at 3.00pm
With that and travelling from North Devon and having a home life etc as I worked away quite a bit it just seemed a lot of money for very few home games so decided to do Away games as it worked out cheaper over a season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm confused. Has your support tailed off then? Are we to introduce a system that judges the last 50 years?

There had to be a point where they started and the move to Falmer was as good as any.

I have been seeing many of the exact same faces away so far this season as I have been seeing for my 18 years, so this point is also a little confusing.
Your missing the point for recent times Hypia season for an example think most of the aways went to POTG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here