Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket priority system is not quite fair

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The loyalty scheme is definitely not fair. I went to few home game last season and thought about getting a season ticket and didnt go to any aways games as the teams in the championship werent big enough, but i really want to go to Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Man City away but am being treated unfairly by the club as i cannot get a ticket. They really need to sort this out so I can go and also pick up half and half scarves and google the words to the Anthony Knockaert song whilst the game is going on.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If the system is designed to reward loyalty to the club, then why aren't points also given for the u23 and the WSL games? There was a few who travelled to Oxford on a Tuesday to support the u23's play against Oxford for a Johnstone Paint Trophy game. Surely the loyalty there should also get recognised in someway? Impossible to argue that a fan who goes to the Amex for a glamour tie is more loyal than one who regularly watches the reserves.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If the system is designed to reward loyalty to the club, then why aren't points also given for the u23 and the WSL games? There was a few who travelled to Oxford on a Tuesday to support the u23's play against Oxford for a Johnstone Paint Trophy game. Surely the loyalty there should also get recognised in someway? Impossible to argue that a fan who goes to the Amex for a glamour tie is more loyal than one who regularly watches the reserves.
Imagine the points harvesting!

Brighton U23 away games would have pretendances in the tens of thousands and all WSL home games would need to be played at the Amex just in case all the STHs who had paid their £50.00 for a 50 point season ticket actually turned up.:ascarf:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What is it with expats always telling us they live abroad? When it comes to telling people about your status you're worse than vegans.

Only trumped by people from BOLTON and/or YORKSHIRE who cannot finish their opening sentence without referencing!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
1) buy bronze membership

2) buy a student rail card

3) buy ticket for weekend home match of your choice

4) buy train ticket from Bristol -> Brighton (⅓ off with aforementioned railcard)

5) watch Brighton play in the premier league.

Seems pretty straightforward when put like that..
There are a lot of people around whose definition of fairness is calibrated to whatever suits their current circumstances.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If the system is designed to reward loyalty to the club, then why aren't points also given for the u23 and the WSL games?

Fire up the combine...

Attachments

• combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 121

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
There are a lot of people around whose definition of fairness is calibrated to whatever suits their current circumstances.

My mate who has lived in Australia for his entire life is a Chelsea fan. He's just recently been over for 3 weeks and watched them play in the 6-0 champions league win, the arsenal game, and the man city game. He also went to watch palace get spanked 1-0 and came with me to watch us SPANK Newcastle 1-0. It cost him a good few grand.

Dream trip for him, and people are moaning about going a few hundred miles to watch Brighton?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Honestly, I don't get it. Bristol? It's not that ****ing far away, the only away game that they're complaining about is Swansea. The next closest are ... London? May as well go to a bloody home game.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
As stated on other threads I think there should be a 10% allocation of away tickets that are sold by lottery. Anyone who has a Brighton fan number can enter, meaning exiles like myself and others who maybe can't afford a ST have at least a chance to see an away game. If the club were really savvy they could also have an actual raffle, tickets £5, prize 2 away tickets. I think they would sell easily 100 raffle tickets every away game.

el punal

I don't live in Brighton, in fact some distance away but not as far as Cornwall. I do not have a problem with watching the Albion play. Why? I have had a season ticket since the Withdean days and have attended numerous away games as well, so my loyalty points total is quite high. Smug little me? Maybe. But then I have made a commitment to watch my club when and wherever possible over the last few years. Now we're in the Premier League my reward for that loyalty is getting, pretty much, first dibs at applying for away games. Unfair? Not really. Unfortunate? Yes, of course it is. Too many fans chasing too few tickets.

In your case though I do not consider that all is lost. Have you considered some of the fixtures in December and January, either home or away? We play Watford and Burnley at the Amex pre-Christmas and Huddersfield away. These may not have the same demand as other fixtures so it could be the opportune time for you to attend. Best of luck anyway!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As stated on other threads I think there should be a 10% allocation of away tickets that are sold by lottery. Anyone who has a Brighton fan number can enter, meaning exiles like myself and others who maybe can't afford a ST have at least a chance to see an away game. If the club were really savvy they could also have an actual raffle, tickets £5, prize 2 away tickets. I think they would sell easily 100 raffle tickets every away game.

Only sell 100 raffle tickets for 300 tickets ??

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
How would going to Burton and Lincoln help? No ST, no priority, even if you went to every away game.

Plus, I imagine its impossible for someone to have given up their season ticket after four years and got one again at the start of last season, the ST queue was a good 5,000 strong at that point.

Your wrong there as I had a season ticket right up until last season when I knew it wouldn't be worth buying because of the amount of home games on Sky etc and travelling from Devon
Instead I did the Birmingham,Preston,Barnsley etc away games
This year I purchased 2 season tickets
My points are minimal

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A random lottery for tickets?
Other clubs (e.g. Leicester) have lottery elements to their ticketing schemes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Checking and adding to my friends and families list now so I can put 100 of us in for the draw [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here