Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the 9th October...

HoraceHorrible

Sep 26, 2017
East Grinstead
6th!

27 years ago - Gatting, Byrne and Small scored in a 3-3 draw with Swindon at the Goldstone.

Swindon 1.jpg

Swindon 2.jpg

33 years ago - we beat Birmingham 2-0 at home with goals from Jacobs and Penney.

Birmingham.jpg

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
On the 9th October, my Father would have been 100 !

God I feel old.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I had given up watching football as a teenager as vanity meant that I didn't wear my glasses so I couldn't see anything. My first Brighton match was a Brighton vs Middlesbrough match in 1967 (1-1) but as a 7 year-old I "followed" Leeds then - my dad was a boro supporter who dragged me from our home in Crawley to watch boro at The Valley and The Goldstone on a regular basis. But my first match that started me supporting Brighton was this 3-3 draw one. My marriage was failing and we were at the Sackville Road trading estate one Saturday in September buying some shit when I heard an almighty roar, and then a little later another, coming from the Goldstone.

I wanted some of that so the next Saturday home game I went and saw this 6 goal thriller and I loved every minute of it. Next I saw us lose 2-4 to boro - another 6 goals and I was completely hooked. What a season and I ended up watching a fair few away games including going up to loads of away games including Middlesbrough (snow in May, 2-0 loss) and of course the play-offs home and away and the ultimate disappointment at Wembley. I'll never forget the 90/91 season which started off my love affair with the club. Out with the marriage and in with the football :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Was the Swindon game the one where we scored from an indirect free kick inside the box?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Wasnt that the anniversary of the Six Day War?

No but my memory isn't too bad.....

On 6 October 1973, Syria and Egypt staged a surprise attack on Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish calendar. The Israeli military were caught off guard and unprepared, and took about three days to fully mobilize. This led other Arab states to send troops to reinforce the Egyptians and Syrians. In addition, these Arab countries agreed to enforce an oil embargo on industrial nations including the U.S, Japan and Western European Countries. These OPEC countries increased the price of oil fourfold, and used it as a political weapon to gain support against Israel. TheYom Kippur War accommodated indirect confrontation between the US and the Soviet Union. When Israel had turned the tide of war, the USSR threatened military intervention. The United States, wary of nuclear war, secured a ceasefire on 25 October.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
6th!

27 years ago - Gatting, Byrne and Small scored in a 3-3 draw with Swindon at the Goldstone.

Johnny Byrne still lives in Hove and goes to Albion games! Doesn't have his perm any more though..

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yes, I saw him in Worthing about 6 months ago.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here