A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ivory Coast

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think everyone should be at the World Cup to give smaller nations a chance and make more and more MONEY for Fifa. Because it would be more and more exciting with more and more matches with more and more exhausted players meaning more and more goals subsequently and more and more TV coverage so that more and more viewers have no choice but to watch inescapable football, thereby making FIFA more and more MONEY.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Some minnow like Iceland, so there's at least one team that England can beat.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Would love to see one of the Caribbean nations I have been to over the last year or so qualify. Would definitely be my 2nd team.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Japan. Because they are the Brighton of the World Cup. They'll keep it very tight and look for a breakaway goal.

They remind me of Brighton also. Great in midfield, solid at the back, but toothless up front. Some on here would also argue the two teams share the "dodgy keeper" trait too.

And the fans are fantastic. Never stop singing even when they're 4-0 down. All their songs concentrate on supporting their own team, rather than derogatory songs about the opposition. They respect opposing team's national anthems and they clean up after themselves before they leave. An absolute credit to the sport and thankfully one of the first teams to qualify out of the Asian group for 2018.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
England
Germany
Brazil

Argentina
France
Holland
Spain
Italy

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Senegal, because one of my most memorable WC moments was them with Diouf & Diao beating France 1-0 in the tournament opener a few years ago.

A Portugal can **** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here