Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a sad inditement

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've turned over to watch Scotland at least they are giving it a right go and there is an atmosphere

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
International football as a whole is at its lowest ever point and boy it's facking boring :)
Saying that you'd never get me anywhere near watching bloody American football....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would you pay to watch this?

No - because I'm unable to get there. It is, admittedly, pretty crap, but - in spite of what a few would desperately like to believe - it isn't down to Brexit. Watched some great matches featuring all British Brighton sides playing all British opposition (although, yes, it was pretty exciting when we signed Gotsmanov).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
International football as a whole is at its lowest ever point and boy it's facking boring :)
Saying that you'd never get me anywhere near watching bloody American football....

It is for us, and say Holland currently ... a big decline. Scotland, a tiny nation, where the kids stay indoors gaming thesedays, have been awful at football for 20 years now.

I expect fans of French, German, Polish, Welsh football, to name just four, still get a big kick of watching international football.

el punal

After the South Africa shambles, I've never watched an England game with any real interest and certainly no passion. See them as a bunch of overpaid spoilt brats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. The debacle then of John Terry, who had been ousted as captain, holding forth to the press as if he was the chosen one stuck in my craw. I'm desperately trying to think of an England performance, one that mattered that is, since then that actually stirred the blood, raised the passion etc. - no, I can't. All made even worse by that f***ing awful Sheffield Wednesday oompah band trying and failing to create an atmosphere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It is for us, and say Holland currently ... a big decline. Scotland, a tiny nation, where the kids stay indoors gaming thesedays, have been awful at football for 20 years now.

I expect fans of French, German, Polish, Welsh football, to name just four, still get a big kick of watching international football.
Only Germany of all the big guns are any good and that includes Brazil and Argentina.All the big nations have declined rapidly while small nations have improved possibly.
International football started to decline so many years after the big wages and sky etc come along,pretty ironic that these coincide.
Italia 90 was great but world football has been turgid since....look at Brazil and Italy etc.

Money has clearly ruined domestic and international football :)

1-0 at long last :)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I used to quite enjoy the Home Internationals in the 70s especially if there was a Brighton interest which there was on the very odd occasion with Peter O'Sullivan playing for Wales and Sammy Morgan for Northern Ireland.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Italia 90 was great but world football has been turgid since.
You obviously didn't watch England's group matches...in fact most of the boring, defensive matches in the whole tournament - Italia 90 has the fewest goals/game of any world cup.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rather watch paint dry
387646449752d5a76ce797214e7650d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here