Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There are no new keepers as the most likely have been tried ie Forster and Butland. Lets get the team playing together for and with each other to prepare for Russia.

I'm trying really hard to be civil towards you, but you do realise Butland had just made himself first choice when he fractured his ankle and missed a year of football? In fact he injured himself in an England game. If it wasn't for that he'd be first choice now, so why should keep playing a worse option in Hart?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Pre World Cup friendlies now been confirmed at Wembley - Germany on Nov 10th, Brazil on Nov 14th

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm trying really hard to be civil towards you, but you do realise Butland had just made himself first choice when he fractured his ankle and missed a year of football? In fact he injured himself in an England game. If it wasn't for that he'd be first choice now, so why should keep playing a worse option in Hart?
Different manager with different opinions of players and how had he established himself as No 1 all that had happened was that he had been given a couple of games to see how he did and to determine the No 1.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Different manager with different opinions of players and how had he established himself as No 1 all that had happened was that he had been given a couple of games to see how he did and to determine the No 1.

Hart has been woeful since the Euros

Torino didn't want to keep him, he is conceding goals for fun at Wesy Ham now

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If by technical football you mean tika-taka possession football then you're obviously watching a different game to me.

We've completed 500+ sucsessful passes, the second most in Europe today (behind Germany). The problem is we have a clueless, boring manager who has set us up to play equally clueless boring football. We've played two holding midfielders at home to a team ranked 2 places below Saudi Arabia and spent most of the game fannying about playing nice little triangles in no mans land.

We'd actually be much better off playing kick and rush, back-to-basics football. 4-4-2 with two fast wingers, two attacking full-backs and balls being bombarded at Kane with somebody like Sturridge or Vardy playing on the shoulder of the last defender. But nope, some people think they key to success is copying 2010-2014 Spain and trying to play brilliant 'technical football' when our midfield options are Henderson, Dier, Livermore & Drinkwater.

We don't have the technical ability to play lovely flowing football where every goal is proceeded by 40 passes so we need to wake up and play to our strengths. Would LOVE us to go out for our next game with a team of

Butland
Walker - Stones - Maguire - Bertrand
Sterling - Henderson - Winks - Rashford
Sturridge - Kane​

The pace on either flank would cause almost every country out there problems and we'd have two brilliantly gifted goalscorers up front. But nope, 9 of the players who started today will start on Sunday with Southgate pushing the boat out and throwing Livermore and Keane a start. :rolleyes:

Sturridge!!!!!!! Just no.

Sterling was the worst player on the pitch......

Winks, I know nothing about, but has to be an improvement on any of the players down the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pre World Cup friendlies now been confirmed at Wembley - Germany on Nov 10th, Brazil on Nov 14th

I'm guessing they are timed in the hope that England move up the rankings before the draw.

Hopefully the FA finally understand how all this actually works now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hart has been woeful since the Euros

Torino didn't want to keep him, he is conceding goals for fun at Wesy Ham now

Get it right Torino couldnt afford to keep him paying all of his wages if they did and as regards WHU their defence is pony and they could have 2 keepers and still wouldnt keep the goals against down. Hart will soon become the 2nd most capped gk for England ever after Shilton .and no one will beat him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm guessing they are timed in the hope that England move up the rankings before the draw.

Hopefully the FA finally understand how all this actually works now.
Errrmmmm...........wouldn't we have to beat them for that to happen? Could just be a tiny snag there.....................................................

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sturridge!!!!!!! Just no.

Sterling was the worst player on the pitch......

Winks, I know nothing about, but has to be an improvement on any of the players down the middle.

Sturridge is arguably our second best striker. If he wasn't so injury prone he'd be guaranteed a start imo. I'd have Vardy over him but he's not in the current squad and Sturridge is so...:shrug:

Sterling is wasted when asked to play centrally like he was tonight. He's much more effective out wide,where he has 5 in 6 for City so far this season.

The fact I'm making (and admittedly wording badly) is, Butland was being given a chance to challenge for the England #1 shirt and got injured. At the time a lot of people thought he should be number one choice. Going "He's had his chance, let's keep a worse goalkeeper in for the world cup because who really cares." doesn't make sense when arguably the only reason he isn't first choice is due to injury.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Get it right Torino couldnt afford to keep him paying all of his wages if they did and as regards WHU their defence is pony and they could have 2 keepers and still wouldnt keep the goals against down. Hart will soon become the 2nd most capped gk for England ever after Shilton .and no one will beat him.

Hart has made a string of crucial errors in big games for England. Torino's own president slaughtered him publicly, he was so poor for them. And he hasn't been great for West Ham, ask their fans.

To be fair he was all right tonight, but Butland deserves a chance and I bet he starts against Lithuania. He would be No1 already but for injury, very unlucky to miss Euros with fractured ankle playing for England.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't rate Hart either. I'd actually have Tom Heaton ahead of Hart, Forster and Butland.

That said, it isn't going to make one bit of difference if we have Gary Cahill and John Stones at centre half. Neither are anywhere near good enough to get England back to perpetual quarter-finalist standard (which we all used to laugh about but would take all day long these days)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sturridge is arguably our second best striker. If he wasn't so injury prone he'd be guaranteed a start imo. I'd have Vardy over him but he's not in the current squad and Sturridge is so...:shrug:

Sterling is wasted when asked to play centrally like he was tonight. He's much more effective out wide,where he has 5 in 6 for City so far this season.

The fact I'm making (and admittedly wording badly) is, Butland was being given a chance to challenge for the England #1 shirt and got injured. At the time a lot of people thought he should be number one choice. Going "He's had his chance, let's keep a worse goalkeeper in for the world cup because who really cares." doesn't make sense when arguably the only reason he isn't first choice is due to injury.

Sturridge is dreadful, he most certainly isn’t our second best striker (imo [emoji2]).

Every time he’s played he’s been poor for England, arguably the same can be said of Sterling.

Some players cannot make the step up and these two are prime examples.

I’d play Rashford next to Kane, in a 4-4-2. Henderson is woeful as well.

Hart is lucky to be in the squad never mind team.

The sad indictment is we have no world class and players other than Kane. I like Walker but he was poor in the main tonight. Alli is okay, but can he sustain it?

After that I’m struggling.

I hear what you’re saying re Butland, but since his injury he’s looked ordinary, Forster is poor and I wonder if Pickford should fight it out with Butland ultimately.

Cahill is a cart-horse, Stones makes me feel nervous........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Errrmmmm...........wouldn't we have to beat them for that to happen? Could just be a tiny snag there.....................................................

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Hart's statistics do not make good reading as he has made the second highest number of errors leading to goals in Serie A and has conceded almost 50 goals in just 30 appearances this season.

The chairman also said he thought he would be better than he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here