Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Qualified but will be lucky to win a single game in the group.

I reckon Brighton would take about 4 of the starting 11 today. Really sad as there are some exciting players out there who whilst not as hyped, might form a good team if worked together and not requiring 2 CDMs at home.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Dire.

Lingard and Ox have been hopeless or non existent for thier clubs this year. Strikes me that Southgate has his team and squad and thats that. People moan about the mail but the Guardian have a lot to answer for as it's thier fault we are stuck with Gareth.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dire.

Lingard and Ox have been hopeless or non existent for thier clubs this year. Strikes me that Southgate has his team and squad and thats that. People moan about the mail but the Guardian have a lot to answer for as it's thier fault we are stuck with Gareth.

The fascination of having an English manager is lost on me.

The choice was between big sam and Bruce ffs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can't help feeling inspired listening to Southgate.

What a guy.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Dull boring shite but what's new with England....How long we been playing this kick and rush football ?
2017 and we can't play technical football lol

If by technical football you mean tika-taka possession football then you're obviously watching a different game to me.

We've completed 500+ sucsessful passes, the second most in Europe today (behind Germany). The problem is we have a clueless, boring manager who has set us up to play equally clueless boring football. We've played two holding midfielders at home to a team ranked 2 places below Saudi Arabia and spent most of the game fannying about playing nice little triangles in no mans land.

We'd actually be much better off playing kick and rush, back-to-basics football. 4-4-2 with two fast wingers, two attacking full-backs and balls being bombarded at Kane with somebody like Sturridge or Vardy playing on the shoulder of the last defender. But nope, some people think they key to success is copying 2010-2014 Spain and trying to play brilliant 'technical football' when our midfield options are Henderson, Dier, Livermore & Drinkwater.

We don't have the technical ability to play lovely flowing football where every goal is proceeded by 40 passes so we need to wake up and play to our strengths. Would LOVE us to go out for our next game with a team of

Butland
Walker - Stones - Maguire - Bertrand
Sterling - Henderson - Winks - Rashford
Sturridge - Kane​

The pace on either flank would cause almost every country out there problems and we'd have two brilliantly gifted goalscorers up front. But nope, 9 of the players who started today will start on Sunday with Southgate pushing the boat out and throwing Livermore and Keane a start. :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dear God that was shit. 10 bang average players with Kane the only world class player and even he was way off colour till the goal. Southgate is about as tactically savvy as Hyypia. Ox may not be the worst footballer ever to play for England (hello Geoff Thomas) but he's certainly the most out of form. Walker looked like a pub player until that final cross. Only 60K there and 58,500 of them were busy making paper planes. I'd seriously have Dunk in the Brighton team before Stones. I could go on, I frequently do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would you have said the same if it was performed by Rtyan No you wouldnt as it was never a penalty as he took the ball and the player went over his hand. He never touched the player.

Every time the ball went near him he looked flappy.

We have a chance to try new keepers in the next few games

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Genuinely didn’t realise there was a game tonight. I thought it was Saturday. Shows how enthusiastic I am about the England side.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If by technical football you mean tika-taka possession football then you're obviously watching a different game to me.

We've completed 500+ sucsessful passes, the second most in Europe today (behind Germany). The problem is we have a clueless, boring manager who has set us up to play equally clueless boring football. We've played two holding midfielders at home to a team ranked 2 places below Saudi Arabia and spent most of the game fannying about playing nice little triangles in no mans land.

We'd actually be much better off playing kick and rush, back-to-basics football. 4-4-2 with two fast wingers, two attacking full-backs and balls being bombarded at Kane with somebody like Sturridge or Vardy playing on the shoulder of the last defender. But nope, some people think they key to success is copying 2010-2014 Spain and trying to play brilliant 'technical football' when our midfield options are Henderson, Dier, Livermore & Drinkwater.

We don't have the technical ability to play lovely flowing football where every goal is proceeded by 40 passes so we need to wake up and play to our strengths. Would LOVE us to go out for our next game with a team of

Butland
Walker - Stones - Maguire - Bertrand
Sterling - Henderson - Winks - Rashford
Sturridge - Kane​

The pace on either flank would cause almost every country out there problems and we'd have two brilliantly gifted goalscorers up front. But nope, 9 of the players who started today will start on Sunday with Southgate pushing the boat out and throwing Livermore and Keane a start. :rolleyes:

Spain want Winks, so best get him capped asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here