Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
actually though i think you may be wrong;

Starts Monday or Sunday. According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day.
The Seven-Day Week - Time and Date

In the christian calendar 6 days shall you labour and on the 7th rest ie. Sunday but in the Jewish their 7th day is Saturday. So we are no wiser

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
England football supporters have the highest expectations and negativity at the same time lol. The amount of drama in regards to past results or pointless information about players personal life is like some bitchy women's magazine.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a boring and uninspiring performance by England. I feel as though I've just wasted 2 hours of my life watching the game.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You might disagree:

I thought defensively, against one of the world's worst teams, that Stones, Maguire and Cresswell were shite. Ripped open about four or five times / the wrong side ... of journeymen.

Our record of beating no decent team in a tournament, since Argentina in 2002, is highly likely. Forwards for other countries will exploit the donkeys at the back.

Winks looked the only player to have a good game, with Henderson doing everything asked in his role.

Rashford - awful touch the entire game. Alli ditto. They're meant to be our geniuses!

Alli is technically not brilliant, he never has been. However he's an end product machine.

Not on a good run of form lately though.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
actually though i think you may be wrong;

Starts Monday or Sunday. According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day.
The Seven-Day Week - Time and Date
An argument for this has been made in comparatively recent times - I'd like to know when this ISO was cooked up. After the 1970s, perhaps? Certainly when I was at school Sunday was definitely officially the first day of the week. I think it was (somehow, vaguely) connected with the Church. I do know for me though, that Sunday will always be the first day of the week - whatever the ISO, EU, NATO or the UN try to tell me!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
An argument for this has been made in comparatively recent times - I'd like to know when this ISO was cooked up. After the 1970s, perhaps? Certainly when I was at school Sunday was definitely officially the first day of the week. I think it was (somehow, vaguely) connected with the Church. I do know for me though, that Sunday will always be the first day of the week - whatever the ISO, EU, NATO or the UN try to tell me!

i always thought it was the last day, day of rest? anyhow all i do know is it usually follows a Saturday and most weeks precedes a Monday
��

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Brilliant :rock::drink::drink::drink:

To be fair, they were so poor that it's best to drop out of the tournament now than do that in the finals, it would have been embarrassing for them

You are talking about Scotland, right ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have never tired of supporting the Albion and supported them no matter what, watching whenever I can. Like Triggaaar though, I am finding it difficult to care about watching England these days.

This, nowadays the only thing that the international breaks are good for is you can go on holiday without the fear of missing an Albion game. It's brilliant that FIFA announce the dates so far in advance

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Alli is technically not brilliant, he never has been. However he's an end product machine.

Not on a good run of form lately though.

Team should be built round getting the best out of AllI.

Kane will score what ever - Alli can be the difference if used correctly - but he has been poor this season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This, nowadays the only thing that the international breaks are good for is you can go on holiday without the fear of missing an Albion game. It's brilliant that FIFA announce the dates so far in advance

It's over kill.

6 international games from the start of the season till Christmas

Why? So England can play Malta?

Get rid of the first or second one of the season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's over kill.

6 international games from the start of the season till Christmas

Why? So England can play Malta?

Get rid of the first or second one of the season
Make them play midweek. And no break. The international breaks are so boring and disruptive.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When you're talking about Adam Lallana as the creative genius who can take our attack to the next level you know you've got problems.

The ease with which players can get a game for England is ridiculous. I like Harry Winks but an England cap after 4 starts in the Prem for Spurs?? Just from that club alone we've had Ryan Mason and Jake Livermore, and who could forget one-cap wonder Steven Caulker who scored on his debut and was never heard of again?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There just aren't enough players that you rate, or that the opposition will be worried about.

Kane, Alli, Rashford...that's about it, isn't it? Maybe Walker and Stones. The rest of them are pretty mediocre, and players like Livermore shouldn't be anywhere near an England team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There just aren't enough players that you rate, or that the opposition will be worried about.

Kane, Alli, Rashford...that's about it, isn't it? Maybe Walker and Stones. The rest of them are pretty mediocre, and players like Livermore shouldn't be anywhere near an England team.

Rose if he is ever fit again.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
England football supporters have the highest expectations and negativity at the same time lol. The amount of drama in regards to past results or pointless information about players personal life is like some bitchy women's magazine.

High expectations, no more. I don't know anyone, nor do I hear any football journalists/ex-players, who believe we have a national team that will do well next summer. After flopping in seven consequetive tournaments / not making it there altogether, realism to negativity seems the only view these days. Football loving kids don't crave owning an England top anymore, instead it's the Albion, ManU, Liverpool, etc.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Stones has been shocking against minnows. His no.1 job is to be faultless in defence. He failed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here