Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In fairness, if I was Gareth Southgate and had just got a £250,000 bonus tonight on top of the £3million salary, I wouldn't give a sh!t how we played.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Well that was disappointing.

I've never been in the 'sack the manager, the new one will take us back to our rightful position as one of the top nations" camp simply because we've never ever been one of the top nations. We invented the game, but once the world caught up and competitive tournament football came along we've been at best in the 2nd tier of nations, and like Greece and Denmark we've won one tournament once. It turns out the much-derided Golden Generation actually were the Golden Generation as with them we used to get to quarter-finals which historically is us punching above our weight.

Having said that we ARE better than this. You expect these games against much weaker teams to be frustrating, but we were just so clueless and cumbersome that it was awful viewing. The manager cannot escape criticism for this - and it wasn't the first time it's happened.

I guess now it's the usual process: play shit in the Finals and get rid of Southgate. At least no one expects England to do well, and crucially no one is saying the players "don't care" just because the team didn't play well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Get it right Torino couldnt afford to keep him paying all of his wages if they did and as regards WHU their defence is pony and they could have 2 keepers and still wouldnt keep the goals against down. Hart will soon become the 2nd most capped gk for England ever after Shilton .and no one will beat him.

That’s all well and good, but he’s not the best keeper our country has.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully Southgate has the nouse to finally solve to Lampard, Gerrard, Scoles conundrum.

I reckon we'll win it this time, bring it on. .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Maybe Dunk and March will be automatic picks in 6 moths time

I realised last night there is no chance of this. If the Ox can get in the team playing as badly as he playing, I see no route into the side for those outside Gareth's gang. Hart and Lingard are 2 others who are very lucky to be in the side.

He is the international equivalent of Dean Wilkins and in time will make Roy look like Jose.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't rate Hart either. I'd actually have Tom Heaton ahead of Hart, Forster and Butland.

That said, it isn't going to make one bit of difference if we have Gary Cahill and John Stones at centre half. Neither are anywhere near good enough to get England back to perpetual quarter-finalist standard (which we all used to laugh about but would take all day long these days)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Stones and Cahill are so dodgy as a pair. Even tiny Slovenia, away from home, ran through them. Who gives a xxxx about Stones Hollywood passing, when he’s NOT a cast iron CB?

As recently as Ferdinand, Terry and Campbell, we had an illustrious history of great CB’s. We were spoilt but didn’t realise it at the time, perhaps?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
At the end of the day we got the win needed to qualify for the finals.

The means by which we did it was unexceptional bearing in mind what was at stake - no passion no guts and little glory - what happened to the Three Lions of Terry Butcher fame. Overpaid pampered cosseted bambis who fall over at the sight of an incoming.

Glad the Autumn internationals are due to start I'd rather watch the RU English lions.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
At the end of the day we got the win needed to qualify for the finals.

The means by which we did it was unexceptional bearing in mind what was at stake - no passion no guts and little glory - what happened to the Three Lions of Terry Butcher fame. Overpaid pampered cosseted bambis who fall over at the sight of an incoming.

Glad the Autumn internationals are due to start I'd rather watch the RU English lions.

Loyal supporters clap clap clap clap

Hope Brighton don't turn shit .

It's still our country , good and bad .

Been shit for 10 years but bound to get better again at some point .

Thick and thin

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Stones and Cahill are so dodgy as a pair. Even tiny Slovenia, away from home, ran through them. Who gives a xxxx about Stones Hollywood passing, when he’s NOT a cast iron CB?

As recently as Ferdinand, Terry and Campbell, we had an illustrious history of great CB’s. We were spoilt but didn’t realise it at the time, perhaps?

One word: Dunk. It wont be long.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Loyal supporters clap clap clap clap

Hope Brighton don't turn shit .

It's still our country , good and bad .

Been shit for 10 years but bound to get better again at some point .

Thick and thin

TBH I've never been to an England game despite my first on TV being the '66 World Cup.I collected the Esso tokens for Mexico '70 and then the magic wore off. The seventies were a bit of a disaster and in the eighties I worked abroad and got married. I followed them from a distance but the late 60s and early 70s for me were the Golden years. I'm sure we'll be back but I find international rugby far more exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here