Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yeah, in this thread another possibility - play against ten-man Slovakia for 70 minutes and fail to score?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Jocks have no excuse now, Slovakia down to 10 with Mak OFF for diving
      'It's much harder to break down ten men'. So it is often said.......................... ......
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post

2016 Euros

England fail to qualify from a group of Wales, Slovakia and Iceland

Not so.

The group included Russia. The inept showing against Iceland was next round.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      ITs going to be GD isn't it

0 Not allowed!
      The Jockos were much better than I expected. They haven’t really got any skill, precision or finesse in their play but they certainly had a lot of energy and determination. Fair play to them.

I think they have a chance of winning in Slovenia, mainly because Slovenia now have almost no chance of qualifying so presumably aren’t going to be massively up for it . I’d love to see a draw and Jockoland out on goal difference though!

0 Not allowed!
      Scotland historically tend to do just enough to fail. So if they need to win by 3 goals, they'll win by 2...if they need to win, they concede a late equaliser....if they need to draw they concede a late winner- that kind of thing. I agree that they're more entertaining than England as they rarely go out with a wimper- it's usually quite dramatic and you know that they've worked REALLY hard but just aren't good enough.

I was trying to remember the last time they got close to qualifying for a tournament- I know they lost to England in the play-offs for Euro 2000 (losing by 1 goal, obviously) but I have memories of them also losing to Holland in a play-off....they won the first leg but were utterly demolished in the second. Can't remember what tournament it was but I'd plump for either 2004 or 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      1-1 after a last minute Slovakia goal tonight - either off side/handball/dodgy pen - combination of all three.
      Good call
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?

0 Not allowed!
      I hope Scotland qualify. I like Strachan and McGhee.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Registered Loser Jimmy Come Lately's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Well done to the lads for keeping our hopes alive for one more game. Has any other team ever kept qualification / getting out of the group stage mathematically possible in so many tournaments for so long and failed so many times?

There's something wrong, though, in that we're not hoping for a favourable result elsewhere. We just need to win our remaining game to finish second. It's in our hands. This makes me think that we're likely to do it, so that we then become dependent on how the other groups finish and the luck of the play-off draw. The random factor will creep back in that way, and it will end in heartbreak somehow.

0 Not allowed!
      I know that laughing at Scotland is part of an Englishman's DNA but I'd absolutely love to see them back in a big tourney. They are an old school footballing nation, remarkably so considering their population size, and they've not been good enough for nearly two decades now.

They'd turn up in huge numbers in Russia (let's face it, you wouldn't want to follow England there would you?) and they'd make a mess of their chances by losing to a minnow, it would all be very entertaining.

But the best thing as far as I'm concerned, is that you can be sure none of their players would be demanding 200k a week, three weeks after being absolute gash at the world cup like all of our international failures down the years. That sort of money should be reserved for world class players, of which we have ONE.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.