Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please stop knocking the club I love

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

PS I maintain there's little reason to add "discuss" to a thread opening post as it is a discussion board.

Anyhow I agree with your sentiments.

Knockers jog on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Which is who i thought the OP was referring too....constructive criticism gets a thumbs up..moaning for moaning sake its a thumbs down

Exactly, thanks Lamie. By using the words “knocking” and “pop at the club” I was getting at those who continually hijack and twist threads to rake up old, tired and personal issues. A number of the current threads are going round in circles, however the Philip Larkin one is refreshing, if not unusual for NSC.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
PS I maintain there's little reason to add "discuss" to a thread opening post as it is a discussion board.

Anyhow I agree with your sentiments.

Knockers jog on.

Yeh, not sure why I put it ��

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
you don't say! GDPR compliance is compulsory from May 18, the Albion included. If people have a genuine concern they should take it up with the Data Controller, and then the Information Commissioner.

'Data Controller, and then the Information Commissioner.'

Not wanting to add fuel to the flames but these sound a bit Orwellian to me.

:smokin:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The obvious thing to suggest to the OP is that if you want a saccharine sweet view of all things Albion, stick to the club media outlets - that should keep you happy. But it's not what NSC should be about (although the hand and influence of club PR is fairly apparent even on here in recent years).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I hate it when people say " discuss"
It's like a bloody teacher setting a project for the class.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Knocking the club is part and parcel of loving the team. I love BHAFC to bits. Went to The Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean before The Amex. I’m fairly sure that I knocked the club a time or two when we were 92nd in the league. Was that wrong? The right to knock doesn’t simply evaporate with success. We moan. It’s what we do. It doesn’t diminish our love of the team. I’m sure most at the club are fairly thick skinned about the knocking, know when it can safely be ignored and when to take action.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which is who i thought the OP was referring too....constructive criticism gets a thumbs up..moaning for moaning sake its a thumbs down

There are some posters who really need to change the record, as it's got stuck. We know the club faults and don't need to be reminded at least twice a day.
Having said that, it is easier to put people on ignore, than try to discuss anything with them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Knocking the club is part and parcel of loving the team. I love BHAFC to bits. Went to The Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean before The Amex. I’m fairly sure that I knocked the club a time or two when we were 92nd in the league. Was that wrong? The right to knock doesn’t simply evaporate with success. We moan. It’s what we do. It doesn’t diminish our love of the team. I’m sure most at the club are fairly thick skinned about the knocking, know when it can safely be ignored and when to take action.

This is of course all absolutely true. I do hope that the past gives us some small perspective and we don't end up like Arsenal fans moaning about being third/fourth/fifth in the Premier League (fat chance!), but there will always be relative to the context things that you think the club are doing well or badly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Love to go back to the withdean days. Football in the raw. ...marvellous scenes

We are here now...and it's a bit meh!

For me it was all about getting there....
For some of us the getting there has been a fair bit longer than many on here. For what it's worth, I agree with the sentiment. Dick Knight (remember him?) probably agrees too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

Don't be so f*cking precious. There's always been more or less the same level of praise and criticism of the club as far back as I can remember. It's NSC's role to provide invaluable direct feedback to the club, for good or ill. Overall I'd say the club welcomes and benefits from such direct feedback.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
'Data Controller, and then the Information Commissioner.'

Not wanting to add fuel to the flames but these sound a bit Orwellian to me.

:smokin:

The Data Controller is the person responsible in any given organisation who is accountable for compliance to the Data Protection legislation. Should be one in every organisation that keeps records on individuals from HMRC to the local cricket club.

The Information Commissioner is the bod in charge of the Data Protection "overseers" and is the person that will sort out any naughty Data Controllers that are not complying with the legislation [can bring cases to court for persistent non-compliance].

Said the fat controller, grumiplly ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Data protection is a law every business has a responsibility to comply with.

Most things are healthy debates especially about away tickets such a shame we never had these debates when we played Blackpool or Oldham

How about Aston Villa ? It was Villa wasn't it? :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Discuss.

Don't tell me...you voted for Brexit and now fully support the Tory view that everyone must be positive about the future otherwise you are unpatriotic and talking the country down must stop.

There should be nothing wrong about raising issues or concerns about the club.
Just look at the ticketing system which for an away game a few weeks ago fell over psrtly because of 4 home games going on sale at the same time.
Groans and moans all round and guess what the club have woken up and brought the Utd on sale date forward.
If we all sat here and said isnt tomorrow wonderful the same problems woukd just repeat.
We all love the club through both ups and downs but are opened eyed to see some issues.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Discuss.

get that bloody board out of the way..!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Discuss.

You are far too thin-skinned... lots of valid moans, but lots of invalid ones... so what? It is a discussion forum after all...

Too many bl00dy club ar$e lickers on here if you ask me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here