Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Players, past or present, that you....like?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I have always liked Steve Coppell - ok he didn't play for them but had a pretty large connection. Wrighty is a decent bloke too.

Haven't enough time to list the ones I f*ckin hate.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm struggling with this one a bit. I couldn't stand Burridge at the time, but I quite like his eccentricity. I like Alan Mullery....so him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Me and Joel Ward have a mutual friend, he's a friendly lad, loves Jesus quite a lot though. I don't think even He can help them.

I like Joel Ward too, principally because he is abysmal and is playing a major role in Palace's ongoing campaign to concede lots of goals. I like Wayne Hennessey for the same reason.

On a more sensible level, John Salako has always seemed like a nice chap when he's appeared at the Amex to do the commentary or summarising. There's still an underlying Palace whiff about him, but he's not a total whopper like, say, Mark Bright.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Simon Rodger. Only because he was bought by them from my hometown club - the mighty Bognor Regis Town! Then went on to play for the even mightier Albion! Just that annoying blip in the middle!

Good shout. Clearly had quality beyond our embarrassment of midfield riches at the time (i'm looking at you Charlie QPR Oatway) and was gutted when his injury forced him to retire as a Championship midfield of Chippy and Roger would have been excellent.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Kenny Sansom and Vince Hilaire are two more.
Two more what exactly...?

Have people lost their mind on this thread?

(Or have I just been whooshed?)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I rather like all the current players.

They're doing such a spiffing job, after all.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'll start with Ian Wright. Great striker, & love him has a pundit. Speaks like he played, with his heart on his sleeve. Whoever let him slip through the net after his trial with us must have lived to regret that decision big time!

Not so much for his punditry, but I also really enjoyed the Wright and Bright show on Radio5 in the early noughties. He may not like us, but Brighty I like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kenny Sansom and Vince Hilaire are two more.

Two more shithouses, though.

The only one I like is that scruffy keeper who looked like he'd shit his tracky bottoms. Gábor Király

16495gaborkiraly.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here