Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex expansion..never say never!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Would you feel safe at the top ?

View attachment 89966
No.

Is that two portaloos at the bottom on the left? Imagine you are in the top row and had too many beers pre-game and need a piss! "Back in half hour mate"!

Or had too many beers and you're at the top! No, definitely not for me.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It looks utterly ridiculous, but it's actually a good thing for legacy of the tournament. It avoids the "white elephant" problem of stadiums that are far too big for the city they are in, once the competition is over.

Indeed.

People keep saying that it looks shit. It's temporary, so doesn't matter.

It was a smaller project, but the same was done at the aquatic centre for the 2012 Olympics.

1200px-London_Aquatics_Centre,_16_April_2012.jpg

(That said, I wouldn't want to sit in it)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The only time I've been on the west upper at the rear, was at the Rod Stewart concert and had to watch the show on the big screens as Rod was a pin prick in the distance. Give me the north or west lower every time

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed.

People keep saying that it looks shit. It's temporary, so doesn't matter.

It was a smaller project, but the same was done at the aquatic centre for the 2012 Olympics.

View attachment 89979

(That said, I wouldn't want to sit in it)

Quite impressive though, if you wanted to make a stadium look like a giant vagina.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
196qk03ejscn0jpg.jpg

Mind you, Qatar 2022 has taken it to another level. Or maybe I just have a one tracked mind.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm there every game matey, at the back of G block just to the right of the camera bit. The view is excellent IMO but not for everyone. Obviously the players & officials can't hear your individual shouts but some good singing up there. You can really see the tactics and shape, and spot passes and splits the players can't even see. Always clear if it's a goal but not so much the 50/50 fouls. Can't ALWAYS tell which player has been involved in a quick move. It was horrid when we had the yellow numbers.

TBH that's why I think people often comment on the tactical paragraphs in the blog but I sometimes note down or remember the wrong player in a move.

Wouldn't move for the world. There's now 11 of us together (more or less) and the three lads who sit behind us are absolute diamonds,

Lots of stairs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you feel detatched from everything, tho? I'm at the front of ESU and it still feels too far back. Like to be close to the action...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
196qk03ejscn0jpg.jpg

Mind you, Qatar 2022 has taken it to another level. Or maybe I just have a one tracked mind.

A triangle of trees would set it off. Short of water out there so bush would do....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've always maintained that the Amex is expandable - similar to what was done at the Etihad by taking out the north or/and south stand trusses and building a double tier stand. Still possible to make it a 50k stadium folks.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I love how most people reckon they've got the best seat in the house. Goes to show how good it is. I feel the same, front row WSU near the halfway line. We don't have as much singing although it's still pretty good and everyone around me is a die-hard fan so no chance of any day-trippers or away fans. From my vantage point, I like to keep an eye on Hughton and Trollope and also what the other manager is up to. Seeing who sits where and next to whom in the directors' box is a guilty pleasure too. Tony Bloom's mum always leads the singing of GOSBTS. She takes supporting the Albion very seriously.

You actually do have the best seats though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've always maintained that the Amex is expandable - similar to what was done at the Etihad by taking out the north or/and south stand trusses and building a double tier stand. Still possible to make it a 50k stadium folks.

If you remove the trusses, or the roof, the whole thing collapses.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Doesn't solve the transport issue.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The 6000 seat expansion to the South Stand at the Etihad cost £60m. I wouldn't hold you breathe just yet...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
How about we genetically modify grass so it becomes transparent and then install seats under the pitch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here