Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May's P45

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The one thing she has in her favour is that sensible people realize that what Red Corbyn offers cannot be given only at a severe cost to the country from which it would take another Maggie type leader to bring it all back over about 3 terms of office. She will soldier on and a new leader will lead the Tories to another General Election win in a couple of years. Who that will be is not clear at the moment but I would hazard a guess at Ruth Davison.

Ruth Davidson has endorsed Amber Rudd (who probably can't win a contest among Tory party members if she got into it), wants to be First Minister of Scotland and has no desire to fight a Westminster by-election prior to 2022, if it gets that far though apparently.

D

Deleted member 22389

Corbyn and his angry fan club have whipped young people in to a frenzy. He will be like every other sodding leader, unable to deliver on his promises.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the government are doing their job properly the opposition should be the party in the fore as the government have to make decisions that will always be unpopular so everything is going to plan on that front.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I've just seen some bits of her speech online. It includes a part where she says:

"Within a few hundred yards of here is a new research facility to develop the extraordinary material graphene, for which two scientists here in Manchester won the Nobel prize."

She didn't of course mention that the two scientists were immigrants, intending to leave the country because of Brexit.... FFS

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Corbyn and his angry fan club have whipped young people in to a frenzy. He will be like every other sodding leader, unable to deliver on his promises.

Unlike the Tories who will be unable to deliver on all of Corbyn's promises that they desperately seem to stealing...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
People would be nuts to vote labour. Corbyn has promised too much and unable to deliver.

And the current government are delivering left, right and centre aren't they. The FT article today is worrying and their manifesto promises regarding housing are totally out of the window.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I've just seen some bits of her speech online. It includes a part where she says:

"Within a few hundred yards of here is a new research facility to develop the extraordinary material graphene, for which two scientists here in Manchester won the Nobel prize."

She didn't of course mention that the two scientists were immigrants, intending to leave the country because of Brexit.... FFS

I think she also said that the internet was created by the free market.

(But then Jeremy Hunt apparently* claimed the Tories were responsible for the NHS...so maybe not quite the most delusional statement at the conference I guess)

Second hand information and can't be bothered to check, might be wrong.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
May is absolutely woeful. I speak as somebody who has voted for the Conservatives in all four general elections since I turned 18 and agree with the majority of what they stand for, but I just cannot find any redeeming feature in this awful PM. She strikes me as somebody who is probably very competent in a job away from the spotlight, but when it comes to leading the party (let alone the country!), taking big decisions, standing up for what she believes in and having the personality and ability to connect with people she is so far out of her depth. In fact, she's surely the worst Conservative or Labour leader I can remember - and I remember Iain Duncan Smith. Get her out, do whatever it takes to get rid of her. Tactically it might be better to let her take the flak for another year or two but surely our country deserves a strong leader and somebody who doesn't look like she's about to shit her pants every time she has to speak in public.

Since when do political parties act in the national interest, particularly the tories.

They will be calculating the most likely way of staying in power regardless of the national cost.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
Not one of the current tory MPs would be so insane as to throw their hat into the ring for what is a poisoned chalice surely?

I think a vote of no confidence is more likely followed by GE.

Just saying as a labour supporter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
As a Tory supporter it is pretty clear to me she cant win a general election BUT makes much more sense for her to see Brexit through and then stand aside a year ahead of the election. Whoever comes in now would suffer the Brexit association. No PM can do their job properly with that going on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The latest on the TV news is that 30 Tory MPs want her to resign but I think that she will face it out a little longer and look to re-evaluate near Christmas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here