Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gdańsk advice

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Heading to this part of Polska for a few days break at the end of the month.
Anyone been? Any tips?
Gdanks in advance!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sopot is near by and you can use fast train or Hel it's top of the Poland

Gdansk,has cathedrals and old town is nice , few museums. Will see most of it in a day. Two towns mentioned above are not far

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hello mate, I’ve just asked my colleague, Mariusz, who comes from Gdańsk, he’s going to write a list of places worth visiting and I’ll post them up when it brings it in. He asked if you’re having a hire car as there are a few lovely places just outside the city.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Went Last Summer .. Gdansk old town been restored after the Germans blitzed it .very nice indeed . Some good bars too in the centre . Worth having a look around the shipyard , which of course was part of the Lech Wolewsca (spelling ) rise to power via solidarity , Museum etc .
As said earllier Sopot just along the coast 5 mins by cab Its more touristy and has some good bars and restaurants in and around the main square .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poland was wrecked during WW2 Only Krakow of the big cities remained untouched and is a beautiful city. Just got back yesterday from there.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lovely lovely place. Make sure you get out to Gdynia and Sopot as well. They are really beautiful. Might be a bit cold now though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Beautiful place with the Baltic sea very cool to fight the crazy temparatures. The bars and shops were extremely impressive but talk to a local girl and the Polish men get very protective and are built huge! Maybe it was being in a Catholic area? I'd definitely go back but travelling through Germany and France yesterday felt intensely dangerous with the heat in the forties! I'd never experienced that type of temperature before. And I got bitten by a huge spider that swelled up my foot early on in the holiday. By the morning it was ok though.

Would love to go further east. Had a great time in Poland. I'd recommend it - it's a much bigger country than I thought and the people were generally very friendly.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Beautiful place with the Baltic sea very cool to fight the crazy temparatures. The bars and shops were extremely impressive but talk to a local girl and the Polish men get very protective and are built huge! Maybe it was being in a Catholic area? I'd definitely go back but travelling through Germany and France yesterday felt intensely dangerous with the heat in the forties! I'd never experienced that type of temperature before. And I got bitten by a huge spider that swelled up my foot early on in the holiday. By the morning it was ok though.

Would love to go further east. Had a great time in Poland. I'd recommend it - it's a much bigger country than I thought and the people were generally very friendly.

I'm off to Gdansk and Poznan next month. Looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here