Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loop Hole for Swansea Tickets

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well i think this is whats done for me trying to follow the albion away for a while . After this round of tickets, i will no longer be a tier 2 person as given ive not booked away tickets as my sons are tier 3, ive not bought tickets.

Ive said for a while that the scheme set up most disenfranchises families and i stand by that now. Given this you cant blame people for trying to make a turn or gain an advantage. I only wish i had done it myself and snaffled tickets for leicester/watford when i couldnt go and harvested the points

At this point in time its probably not an issue to the club because tickets are selling out. But we all know that these things are cyclical and there will come a point when this will bite the club on the bottom.

No moans from me, ST holder from the Amex opening but not enough (official) away tickets bought, I hope that those that do travel make some noise and have a great day out.

It’s Sleaford Mods that night anyway so you probably couldn’t give me a ticket anyway (although I am aware that the M4 on most days would ensure seeing both)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well i think this is whats done for me trying to follow the albion away for a while . After this round of tickets, i will no longer be a tier 2 person as given ive not booked away tickets as my sons are tier 3, ive not bought tickets.

Ive said for a while that the scheme set up most disenfranchises families and i stand by that now. Given this you cant blame people for trying to make a turn or gain an advantage. I only wish i had done it myself and snaffled tickets for leicester/watford when i couldnt go and harvested the points

At this point in time its probably not an issue to the club because tickets are selling out. But we all know that these things are cyclical and there will come a point when this will bite the club on the bottom.

I do think it's right that the fans who have gone away through thick and thin, made the long journeys etc. have priority, little argument about that I don't think. My big comment is the awarding of loyalty points currently for games that are massively over subscribed. If I get a ticket for a game that could sell out 2x over, I don't need additional loyalty points for that. This is where I think they need to review the allocation of points. London / South Coast games, and your big Manchester / Liverpool games don't need loyalty points awarded really.

TB is a mathematician, a loyalty formula based on distance, no. of tickets, attractiveness of fixture, but also linked into sales so that points are awarded post match depending on the sales. If sales didn't go to anyone below 242 points, a lot less points awarded than if a fixture didn't sell out or went to non ST holders / low points – that would be the biggest indicator of the attractiveness of a fixture now we're selling out every away allocation.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do think it's right that the fans who have gone away through thick and thin, made the long journeys etc. have priority, little argument about that I don't think. My big comment is the awarding of loyalty points currently for games that are massively over subscribed. If I get a ticket for a game that could sell out 2x over, I don't need additional loyalty points for that. This is where I think they need to review the allocation of points. London / South Coast games, and your big Manchester / Liverpool games don't need loyalty points awarded really.

TB is a mathematician, a loyalty formula based on distance, no. of tickets, attractiveness of fixture, but also linked into sales so that points are awarded post match depending on the sales. If sales didn't go to anyone below 242 points, a lot less points awarded than if a fixture didn't sell out or went to non ST holders / low points – that would be the biggest indicator of the attractiveness of a fixture now we're selling out every away allocation.

Well the issue here is that loyalty is a complex thing to measure as you say.

I have the points but arent buying tickets asbi cant take my sons. Does that make me disloyal? I had taken my sons to a number of games as they grew up but they often rotated. I bought tickets in their names rather than all under one name. Does that make them disloyal?

It wouldnt be beyond the wit of man to either keep back a percentage for a lottery style allocation or to widen the tier 2 on occasions to allow a wider spread of purchase. But all thats happened now is that after 6 away games i will have gone from just outside tier 1 to being tier 3 given as you say the wide points awards for what are high demand games.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I have the points but arent buying tickets asbi cant take my sons. Does that make me disloyal? I had taken my sons to a number of games as they grew up but they often rotated. I bought tickets in their names rather than all under one name. Does that make them disloyal?

It wouldnt be beyond the wit of man to either keep back a percentage for a lottery style allocation or to widen the tier 2 on occasions to allow a wider spread of purchase. But all thats happened now is that after 6 away games i will have gone from just outside tier 1 to being tier 3 given as you say the wide points awards for what are high demand games.

Exactly, I don't think the gap should be widened basically for games everyone wants to go to. I went to Arsenal, but really, there was no loyalty at all going to that one, we could have sold 6000 tickets.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Exactly, I don't think the gap should be widened basically for games everyone wants to go to. I went to Arsenal, but really, there was no loyalty at all going to that one, we could have sold 6000 tickets.

Arsenal should have been worth more than 5 loyalty points due to having to put up with the worst stadium atmosphere ever.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Although I agree, in many places it doesn't make much difference. The 100%ers who go to (nearly) every away game may extend their lead in terms of points over others, but that doesn't change their relative position on the "loyalty ladder" to those people. A 100%er will still be, say, position 100 whilst someone else will still be position 2,500.

The place where it does make a difference, and this may be where your suggestion has merit, is around the boundary of Tier 1 and Tier 2, where some Tier 2s get to pick up tickets for a game when others miss out. The difference could simply be due to where the Queue-It system placed people when the queue was formed. Get an early position and you get lucky with a ticket AND points, get position 786 and you get neither, through no fault of your own.

You have my full sympathy and I agree it is families who have been hardest hit by this for the reason you illustrate. Parent (likely Dad) has a higher number of points than the kids. Previously a few away games were done together, sometimes Dad went by himself. The points disparity between them means that they'll only be able to go together now to an "unattractive" game - the same few we keep listing.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Although I agree, in many places it doesn't make much difference. The 100%ers who go to (nearly) every away game may extend their lead in terms of points over others, but that doesn't change their relative position on the "loyalty ladder" to those people. A 100%er will still be, say, position 100 whilst someone else will still be position 2,500.

The place where it does make a difference, and this may be where your suggestion has merit, is around the boundary of Tier 1 and Tier 2, where some Tier 2s get to pick up tickets for a game when others miss out. The difference could simply be due to where the Queue-It system placed people when the queue was formed. Get an early position and you get lucky with a ticket AND points, get position 786 and you get neither, through no fault of your own.

I agree. The tier 1s and those who do genuinely go to most games would be unaffected by this. As you say, the place it makes a difference would be between those that pick and choose, some more than others, but nevertheless would allow some closing of the gaps and giving a bit more chance to people. We also have to accept that not everyone can go with demand so high. Any system is going to leave people frustrated when you try to allocate 2000 tickets to arguably I reckon 3500 - 4000 who would go to Swansea at this point.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I just got one at tier 3 at 09.38, so they are occasionally coming up.

Keep refreshing your browser. It said sold out most of the time, then bang I got one. Remember they're in someone's basket for 20mins, if they don't go through with it it's back on sale.

Nice one I'll give that a go :cheers:

I did have the free version of Visual Ping running on the site but I forgot to switch back on after the Arsenal game. It sends you an email alert when the page changes to save you constantly checking when tickets become available.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I only have 210 loyalty points, no 'harvesting' undertaken and managed to bag a Swansea ticket this morning so it can be done although it will take a few more of these longer trips before i have a chance of joining the top 2 tiers.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You have my full sympathy and I agree it is families who have been hardest hit by this for the reason you illustrate. Parent (likely Dad) has a higher number of points than the kids. Previously a few away games were done together, sometimes Dad went by himself. The points disparity between them means that they'll only be able to go together now to an "unattractive" game - the same few we keep listing.

This is the situation I have with my daughter. she did a few away games with me last year, but not as many as I did. The disparity in our points means she has not been able to go to any with me this season, so far.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nice one I'll give that a go :cheers:

I did have the free version of Visual Ping running on the site but I forgot to switch back on after the Arsenal game. It sends you an email alert when the page changes to save you constantly checking when tickets become available.

It didn't happen so much for West Ham or Arsenal tickets, but remember the club will have a fair guest ticket allocation, and for a trip to Swansea, you're probably not going to get so many staff guests wanting to go, so I suspect tickets will continue to become available right up to a few days before the fixture as staff return their allocation. That happened a lot of the Leicester and Watford games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here