Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd Loyalty points confirmed

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
But if it wasn't them then it would be someone else. There'll always be people just behind the cut.

Thats true, just seems odd you would make tickets available for more people in tiers one and 2 for 2000 seats than you would 3000 seats, i know the demand will be higher, but I reckon it is pretty much at its peak currently.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How many loyalty points do you get for this ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It has, but its quite a jump from 242 to 250 for Tier 2 what about all the fans who are qualifying for Swansea but then drop out again for United, their is literally nothing they can do. No way to get more points, even with 25 points due from West Ham and Swansea games, they are just cut off for united. with just over 3000 away tickets I'm not sure why the change has been made for an increased away allowance.

But this is because there are 1000 less tickets for swansea. Nothing they can do.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
But this is because there are 1000 less tickets for swansea. Nothing they can do.

My point being, is the points being lower for swansea than united and no games between to gain points. More people actually could have got a ticket in the top two tiers even with the lower allocation.

Swansea Allocation 2000 - Tier 2 - 242

United Allocation 3000+ - Tier 2 - 250

Fewer fans in the bracket to get tickets for united.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Boom first wave

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My point being, is the points being lower for swansea than united and no games between to gain points. More people actually could have got a ticket in the top two tiers even with the lower allocation.

Swansea Allocation 2000 - Tier 2 - 242

United Allocation 3000+ - Tier 2 - 250

Fewer fans in the bracket to get tickets for united.

You're right it seems very odd to me. How can you be in the second tier for Swansea when there are only 2,000 tickets, but the third tier for Man United when there are 3,000.

I can't help but wonder if they did the tiers thinking West Ham would be added and then separately made the decision to move the sale date forward one week?

Or is there something else at play here?

I also don't understand the points differential between Swansea and Man United. For me its the same type of distance, arguably Swansea is an easier journey and they both appeal equally to me. At least at Swansea we have a chance of a result. So why 15 points for Swansea and 5 for Man United.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My guess is that the tier 2 will be a lesser drop from tier 1 from now on. This will, of course, ensure that those that are closest to jumping into tier 1 will have a better chance of getting the tickets and closing the gap!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Having booked both train and accommodation for the Firiday night happy to be in first tier.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You're right it seems very odd to me. How can you be in the second tier for Swansea when there are only 2,000 tickets, but the third tier for Man United when there are 3,000.

I can't help but wonder if they did the tiers thinking West Ham would be added and then separately made the decision to move the sale date forward one week?

Or is there something else at play here?

I also don't understand the points differential between Swansea and Man United. For me its the same type of distance, arguably Swansea is an easier journey and they both appeal equally to me. At least at Swansea we have a chance of a result. So why 15 points for Swansea and 5 for Man United.

Come now. I've been to Swansea, we haven't played at Old Trafford since before I was born.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Come now. I've been to Swansea, we haven't played at Old Trafford since before I was born.

I guess I'm just more bothered about cheering our team on to the points we need to stay up than going to a great big stadium full of glory boys and watching us getting beaten up by them.

*but I'll go to both anyway!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

All of Tiers 1 and 2 have had the chance to snap up just 2,000 Swansea tickets and some still remain as I type.

That won't be the case for Manchester United's 3,000 tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All of Tiers 1 and 2 have had the chance to snap up just 2,000 Swansea tickets and some still remain as I type.

That won't be the case for Manchester United's 3,000 tickets.

They were all sold out, bar 7 disabled when I looked at 5pm? I take the point, but I just don't think there should be a 15 to 5 gap in the points or a strange discrepancy in the tiers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here