Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd Loyalty points confirmed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They were all sold out, bar 7 disabled when I looked at 5pm? I take the point, but I just don't think there should be a 15 to 5 gap in the points or a strange discrepancy in the tiers.

The tier discrepancy is due to the number of tickets: 2k for Swansea and over 3k for Man U. It was obviously going to be higher.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The thing is will any tier 2 be able to get tickets?

Yes, because it would need every single one of the Tier 1s to buy a ticket for there to be none available to Tier 2s.

I expect this will be game where the fewest tickets go to Tier 2 though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The tier discrepancy is due to the number of tickets: 2k for Swansea and over 3k for Man U. It was obviously going to be higher.

Er but the point is that some people that were in the second tier for Swansea are now in the third tier for Man Utd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Er but the point is that some people that were in the second tier for Swansea are now in the third tier for Man Utd.

I thought you were asking about the top tier. The other tiers, I presume, are based on expected demand within the tiers.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

think the point being made is that , at the present time 2000 have 301 pts or more , and that (by the time man utd ticket window opens) 3000 will have 269pts

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
think the point being made is that , at the present time 2000 have 301 pts or more , and that (by the time man utd ticket window opens) 3000 will have 269pts

Yep I get that bit. Just not sure why therefore the second tier level isn't the same people as for Swansea.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yep I get that bit. Just not sure why therefore the second tier level isn't the same people as for Swansea.
I think they're finally shortening the brackets, so people who are (say) 10 outside of top tier aren't lumped in with the people who are 60 behind. This is what has always got my goat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think they're finally shortening the brackets, so people who are (say) 10 outside of top tier aren't lumped in with the people who are 60 behind. This is what has always got my goat.

Agreed......positive modification of the scheme. Having got a few things wrong they are at least trying to get it sorted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Fair point, well made. If it goes to the third tier then that will show that to be right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

To be fair, your goat has done very well to get into tier 2 in the first place.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
To be fair, your goat has done very well to get into tier 2 in the first place.

I'm comfortably top tier now. Hopefully still am after Swansea as I'm not allowed to go!

But the last few seasons for the games that needed points (Brentford etc), I was always just outside but always managed to get tickets by being on the ball.

I didn't like that (for example) I had 1145 and the bracket was 1153, while the second tier was 1080+.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The whole points system is really interesting. So many long time posters on here seem to be having problems.

Even though Brighton FC is one of my main passions in life I never really felt like I was a big fan vs others. But clearly I'm in the top 2k of loyal supporters simply by having a season ticket at the amex and going to 4/5 away games a season during the amex years.

What am I trying to say? I'm not sure. Butttt whenever I see people moaning on here about not being in the top 2 tiers I can't help but think they haven't been to many away games in the last few seasons and shouldn't treat it as a given that they should be entitled to the big away game tickets ......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The whole points system is really interesting. So many long time posters on here seem to be having problems.

Even though Brighton FC is one of my main passions in life I never really felt like I was a big fan vs others. But clearly I'm in the top 2k of loyal supporters simply by having a season ticket at the amex and going to 4/5 away games a season during the amex years.

What am I trying to say? I'm not sure. Butttt whenever I see people moaning on here about not being in the top 2 tiers I can't help but think they haven't been to many away games in the last few seasons and shouldn't treat it as a given that they should be entitled to the big away game tickets ......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tend to agree, applies to me as well.....I don't quite get all the issues, anyone who has had a ST for all or most of the Amex years and been to anything much more than a handful of away games last season (think I did about 8/9) is close, if not in the top tier for most of the away games (certainly those with a 3000 allocation). I haven't checked what our average away attendance was last season but would be surprised if it was much over say 1,200-1,400

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here