Votes: 35 27.3%
  • Claimed by myself - got nothing

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • other

Votes: 11 8.6%

• Total voters

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The whole PPI says a lot about today's society, people not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions. Always want to blame someone else

Not sure I like the way this world is going - nobody taking responsibility for anything, everyone always a victim.
Many people were flat out lied to by their banks in order to force them to take out PPI. The banks are now being forced to take responsibility for these lies. Isn't that a good thing?

boik

Many people were flat out lied to by their banks in order to force them to take out PPI. The banks are now being forced to take responsibility for these lies. Isn't that a good thing?

Yes, that is a good thing IN THOSE CASES. However, there are 2 aspects that really disappoint me about this People not bothering to read what they are signing up for, and trying to blame someone else. And the whole attitude of "it's free money, so why not". Seems that less and less people have any personal integrity.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
way back we had to re mortgage with a loans attached to pay off the wifes ex husband. On the attached loan they forced me to have PPI on it. I even told them at the time they were mis selling it as I was self employed and they wouldn't pay out if I needed this cover. So a year or 2 further down the line we enter recession and we get the house re possessed. So never claimed PPI back as scared we probs owe them more than they owe us. After another 6 year passed by the debt has been wiped clean. So never claimed. Also never wanted to have to explain all this everytime I got a PPI call. So these calls were just soooo annoying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
shouldnt need a claim firm- they are just leeches.
They certainly are. If you know you had it with a particular company, you're much better off writing to them and keeping all the payout. However:
Never had it so pointless exercise to claim
If you don't think you've had it at all, isn't there an argument to get a claims company to check for you?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Am in the process of trying to claim at the moment......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They certainly are. If you know you had it with a particular company, you're much better off writing to them and keeping all the payout. However:
If you don't think you've had it at all, isn't there an argument to get a claims company to check for you?

I have read in more than one place that PPI was applied on occasion without the knowledge of the customer.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
i dont believe PPI was a thing in the 80's, if it was around it wasnt common. its not a given that a mortgage, loan or CC had PPI even in the 00's though it was by then common.

The first PPI policies were sold in the 60s. I had a credit card with PPI in the 80s and it was not uncommon. No where near as common as in the 90's but there were still lots of PPI policies (mis)sold in the 80s.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have read in more than one place that PPI was applied on occasion without the knowledge of the customer.
Yeah I know that happens, but I don't understand on what sort of occasions it happens, to know if it's likely to have applied to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here