Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trelford Mills Guide Dog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... and if more tickets had been available for the Bournemouth cup tie, how many in the lower loyalty tiers would have actually gone ? Do you think - given the chance - they would have 'harvested' too ?
    I think it is quite likely a lot wouldn't have (gone-that is)-it wasn't as if it was going to be the first team in a glamour tie was it? Still, that is all water under the bridge...
    Last edited by Bwian; 05-10-2017 at 19:15.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
      Could I ask what actions are being taken for season ticket holders that do not go to a game? they have purchased a ticket for every game for which they receive 150 loyalty points over the year. Do they get told off as well?

I will have missed the Man City game and Everton......bad fan. BUT my daughter is having my Everton ticket. And she had the city one.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am the opposite made Man City and be at Everton game - missed the other two

No one had the seat as ticket exchange never opened and its illegal to sell tickets on etc etc

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      We're both guessing
      Sorry - I forgot about this. From the horse's mouth. Seems fair enough to me...

"The second and subsequent windows we have started to make narrower to try to ensure the scheme is as fair as possible. We were particularly conscious of this for Man Utd and the likely popularity of the game and we will continue to review this based on anticipated popularity. Itís always a balance though as the narrower you make the windows the more friends and family groups have issues with applying for tickets together and sitting together. Iím afraid though that we wont be issuing the details of how many people are in each window."
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Sorry - I forgot about this. From the horse's mouth. Seems fair enough to me...

"The second and subsequent windows we have started to make narrower to try to ensure the scheme is as fair as possible. We were particularly conscious of this for Man Utd and the likely popularity of the game and we will continue to review this based on anticipated popularity. Itís always a balance though as the narrower you make the windows the more friends and family groups have issues with applying for tickets together and sitting together. Iím afraid though that we wont be issuing the details of how many people are in each window."
      Thanks for asking.

Agree, seems ok. So basically T2 is pretty much the number they expect to be left after all those guaranteed in T1 have had the chance to but didnít.......

Old Trafford is pretty crap, but will sell out in T2.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      The club are missing a trick, what about selling loyalty points?

Our richest (and therefore most important) supporters could buy points ensuring prime tickets at any game they choose. The bought loyalty points are only valid for one match. The new scheme will mean that our club will benefit from sales of away tickets as only bought loyalty will get the best seats.

It's an untapped market which will allow us to pay more wages out to our players (and their agents).which will make them better. See the England team as an example.

Yes, I'm being facetious.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pottert View Post
      Without a doubt the loyalty points were abused at Bournemouth but surely weren't the fans that abused the system
      Fans with enough points to abuse the system I.e. Fans that had earned enough points by watching the Albion previously.probably in less successful times to allow them the ability to abuse the system.The points needed per game is calculated so that the most loyal fans get first dibs
      & then it is reduced as seems necessary.How many of the fans that complained about the so called abuse would have complained if (a) we were not in EPL or (b) no loyalty points available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You are clearly missing the point, as it is the very act of harvesting the points to keep their own points tally up which has denied others the chance to get some points and gain ground on the elite...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by papa_stew View Post
      Quick question please: does that mean that those who are generally outside of the top 2 tiers will fall further back as the season continues and will have next to no opportunity to build any loyalty points this season? This is on the assumption that the tier levels will increase over time eg. tier 2 at 250+ for a game in November will probably be 280+ for a similar "in-demand" game in February. Looks like there will be very little chance of ever moving up a tier!
      No. If youíre in Tier 3 then you will see the points gap to Tier 2 increase over this season as there will only be a few games you can buy tickets for, while those in Tiers 1 and 2 move further ahead. But your position in the queue is the only thing that matters and this remains exactly the same. It doesnít matter if youíre 10 points or 100 points off Tier 2, if youíre 5,000th in line then you still will be the next time a game doesnt sell out to the 4,999 people above you.

So anybody in Tier 3 and 4 isnít going to get much of a look in this season as demand is so high. But do you think all the same 3,000 people want to go back to Leicester next season? Or Watford? Or Swansea? No chance. So those in Tier 3 will be first in the queue to capitalise when demand falls next season. Plus they will get tickets for Huddersfield, Burnley, Stoke etc this season as they almost got a sniff of Swansea where there are only 2,000 seats, so other unattractive games with 3,000 will certainly go to Tier 3.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
      Could I ask what actions are being taken for season ticket holders that do not go to a game? they have purchased a ticket for every game for which they receive 150 loyalty points over the year. Do they get told off as well?
      As usual, there is a fair bit of fundamentalism creeping into this thread. Football is not a matter of life or death, nor is it more serious than that. As a STH, If I don't want to attend a home game, or I can't, then so what?

I missed the Newcastle game. I was at a funeral. I'm pretty sure I did the right thing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      You are clearly missing the point, as it is the very act of harvesting the points to keep their own points tally up which has denied others the chance to get some points and gain ground on the elite...
      That comment seems to reaffirm the notion that had some of those in tier 1 and 2 not 'harvested' points then maybe those in 3 and 4 would have done exactly the same thing!