Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giveaway: JJ Waller's Brighton & Hove Albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Local photographer JJ Waller has provided a copy of his book which chronicles the Albion's long journey from the Goldstone Ground to the Premier League, with many previously unseen photos of the Withdean years, construction of the Amex and the glorious finale and celebration from last season.

Goldstone.jpg

Most of the shots are accompanied by an appropriate quote, being drawn from Albion players, staff and fans. The latter includes several quotes from NSC luminaries including [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION], [MENTION=20342]Surf's Up[/MENTION], [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33633]Me and my Monkey[/MENTION].

Brighton Withdean.jpg

The book's introduction is penned by "Build A Bonfire" / "We Want Falmer" co-author Paul Hodson and the rear cover feature some wonderful words from Dick Knight:

"JJ Waller's contribution throws fresh light on the Albion's past 20 years.

His pictures are extraordinary; adding more drama, vision, insight, hope and joy to scenes we've already seen, making us relive them from new perspectives.

This book is an original and fascinating addition to the pantheon chronicling the Albion's astonishing story."

Your collection of Albion books would be incomplete without it. The book is available from the Albion club shop, Waterstones and JJ Waller's own site.

I will make undertake a random draw of all those who have responded to this thread by midnight on Sunday 8th October.

Albion Parade17-168-2.jpg

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Looks great. Count me in.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, thank you

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes please - kind offer :)