Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Splendid offer!

Winner number 1.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 13.03.28.png

Contact me with your address details please.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fix. Disgusted I didn't win.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I am two thirds of the way through the book and I can confirm it is a decent enough read. Grenville possibly goes into a bit too much detail about Brentford (his team) from a non Brentford fans point of view and there are times where the structure of the writing goes a little awry but nonetheless it is a decent effort. Just read the Bob and Micky Adams bit, now moving into the Peter Taylor years. Not reached Nicky Kegshevlin yet though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but bit of an NSC/author schoolboy error in making huge bits of the Albion era bits free to read earlydoors. Not sure I'd be that interested in reading the rest of the book to be honest.

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
Thanks everyone for entering.

As Bozza said the book can be obtained from the wonderful Paul & Inge Sweetman at City Books in Hove (as well of course on Amazon as a paperback and Kindle).

Now here’s another offer.

Around 100 of you entered the competition and whilst some of you just wanted the chance to blag a free book hopefully a lot of the others might actually buy it.

The reviews have been very good and the majority of Brentford fans enjoyed the Sheffield United parts who enjoyed the Brighton bits etc.

I wrote 9 of the chapters, about 25% of the book on Bob’s time at Brighton, spoke to all 6 of the managers he served and took as much time and trouble on the Brighton bits as those on Brentford and Sheffield United.

OK- enough of me whittering on - here’s the offer :

IF YOU BUY THE BOOK FROM CITY BOOKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER AND LEAVE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS /EMAIL ADDRESS WITH THEM YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW AND ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL HAVE A NIGHT OUT WITH BOB BOOKER IN A BRIGHTON HOSTELRY AND YOU CAN BOTH TALK THROUGH ALL THINGS ALBION FOR THE ENTIRE EVENING.

NOT A BAD PRIZE I HOPE YOU WOULD ALL AGREE? BOB IS UP FOR THIS SO PLEASE GO AND BUY THE BOOK AT CITY BOOKS AND YOU COULD WIN THIS EXCITING PRIZE!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here