Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do the kids get loyalty points

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
My grandson is 8 and has just got his first ST this season. Naturally his loyalty points are very low. So how can he get more 'cos the lower ranking away games still demand more points than he has. He's never going to be able to join me and his Dad

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My grandson is 8 and has just got his first ST this season. Naturally his loyalty points are very low. So how can he get more 'cos the lower ranking away games still demand more points than he has. He's never going to be able to join me and his Dad

Home cup games, and he will accrue loyalty points with his season ticket as he gets older. I didn't go to my first away game until I was 16.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Always surprised (pleasantly) at how many kids go to away games. Guess they were just lucky to build their points in the last few seasons when it was easy to get away tickets.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Always surprised (pleasantly) at how many kids go to away games. Guess they were just lucky to build their points in the last few seasons when it was easy to get away tickets.

We had a kid in front of us who was actually leading some of the singing on Sunday. "Give me a B..."

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was surprised to see the number of kids (under 10) at Arsenal. How do they get all the points?!

A lot off kids have been going to away games for some seasons now. Never ceases to amaze me. Presumably they build up their points just like the adults.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A lot off kids have been going to away games for some seasons now. Never ceases to amaze me. Presumably they build up their points just like the adults.

Indeed. There's a family in the WSU on my row who are often at away games, including the real long slogs - always Mum, Dad and the two boys. They'll have enough points and are getting to enjoy the big days out now, and rightly so.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Indeed. There's a family in the WSU on my row who are often at away games, including the real long slogs - always Mum, Dad and the two boys. They'll have enough points and are getting to enjoy the big days out now, and rightly so.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I was just surprised at how quickly the demographic of our away fans has changed since moving to the Amex.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

However, the question related to younger kids and how they will join them in the future.

It's great that families are able to go now because they started a few years ago, but what about those having kids now (or in the last few years). When they get to that stage, what do they do? Leave the kids at home?

It was a good question and I'm not sure what the answer would be.

When I started going to away games as a teenager, it was with my mates. My dad had stopped going to every game when I was born, but took me to every home game from just before my 7th birthday (oh, and I didn't get a free shirt!). It was another 8 or 9 years before I travelled to an away game (Aldershot) with friends. That was back when we all paid game by game, though. I didn't have a season ticket until the Withdean era and the whole process has changed completely to make season ticket holders (now) the only people who can (properly) get away tickets.

Any kids not already into the elite group are going to find it very hard if we stick around at this level for very long. Does anyone know how it works at the "bigger" clubs, or do they just not have any kids at away games?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
However, the question related to younger kids and how they will join them in the future.

It's great that families are able to go now because they started a few years ago, but what about those having kids now (or in the last few years). When they get to that stage, what do they do? Leave the kids at home?

It was a good question and I'm not sure what the answer would be.

When I started going to away games as a teenager, it was with my mates. My dad had stopped going to every game when I was born, but took me to every home game from just before my 7th birthday (oh, and I didn't get a free shirt!). It was another 8 or 9 years before I travelled to an away game (Aldershot) with friends. That was back when we all paid game by game, though. I didn't have a season ticket until the Withdean era and the whole process has changed completely to make season ticket holders (now) the only people who can (properly) get away tickets.

Any kids not already into the elite group are going to find it very hard if we stick around at this level for very long. Does anyone know how it works at the "bigger" clubs, or do they just not have any kids at away games?

Going slightly OT, that was my first away game (MID 70s) and I went with friends.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. Pretty sure it was the broken crossbar game.

Did you go to Oakmeeds? Perhaps we went together!

That was the game. No I went to Haywards Heath Grammar (Long gone now). Had a lot of friends that lived in Burgess Hill though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

My son has asked to go to a few away games this season, after we've been season tickets holders for a few years, but as we've not been to any we just don't have the points. The way it is going I don't see how we will ever get enough to go. Naturally he's bereft at this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here