Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ad-blocking

Do you ad-block NSC?

• No, I don't ad block any sites

Votes: 146 56.2%
  • No, I ad block some sites but have white-listed NSC

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I wouldn't visit any more

Votes: 25 9.6%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would white-list NSC

Votes: 22 8.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would pay a small fee to go ad-free

Votes: 11 4.2%

• Total voters

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I said 'no' because I don't on the tablet , which I normally use on here . I do have one on the P C ,which is great even though the Argus puts up a negative notice all the time. I rarely come here on it .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Haven't done anything about blocking ads - wouldn't know how. All I get is a small ad. at the top of the page and a larger one at the bottom, so it isn't a problem anyway.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I have had adblock enabled but turned it off after seeing this thread and in no way do I currently find the ads intrusive. Will leave it off from now on. :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I block ads pretty much everywhere except NSC.
I"d probably pay a small sub to block them here too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come on Bozza, a subscription NSC1901, you know you want to! A limit of only one thread start per month if not paying and 25 comments, what's not to like!

..... and free tea!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By creating this thread surely your encouraging more to add a Adblock?

I was interested to see the impact, if any, of this thread.

So far today 9.8% of pages have ads blocked.

It's not been below 10% any time in the last month. Yesterday was 11.4%.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I was interested to see the impact, if any, of this thread.

So far today 9.8% of pages have ads blocked.

It's not been below 10% any time in the last month. Yesterday was 11.4%.
Other than you doing away with Tapatalk, I'm guessing that there is nothing that you can do if they remove the ads on their end?

Also, when I pay my 3.99 (or whatever it was) does NSC get a cut?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't know how but i would block them, bleeding irritating.:dunce:

I would go with what ever our leader wants to do, as long as it not to endorse APPLE all the time.:whistle:

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I block ads on my phone simply because sites can't be trusted to not make a million calls and request a ton of junk data that's not necessary to view the page. It canes mobile data usage for things that aren't neccesary. Not talking about NSC here, but I find it amusing that a lot of sites way round this is to block users rather than offer a better experience. As someone who runs 2 websites though, I get that it's sometimes difficult to control what a going on with ads in the background and I've largely accepted that there will always be some people who use Adblock and tbh, fair play to them.

Until site owners adjust their practices the Adblock on my phone will be staying on. I will whitelist NSC in a moment though and give it a spin. I maintain a whitelist on my pc and NSC is on that already.

As an aside, bozza how did you get those figures for % of users using Adblock? I've never looked into it for my own sites. I suspect it would be low, as my demographic is not one you'd associate with being tech savvy, but would love to see hard figures.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As an aside, bozza how did you get those figures for % of users using Adblock? I've never looked into it for my own sites. I suspect it would be low, as my demographic is not one you'd associate with being tech savvy, but would love to see hard figures.

https://pagefair.com/

I use Tapatalk and find the ads unobtrusive

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Other than you doing away with Tapatalk, I'm guessing that there is nothing that you can do if they remove the ads on their end?

Also, when I pay my 3.99 (or whatever it was) does NSC get a cut?

£3.99 to Tapatalk? Nope - it all goes to them.

I've become less keen on Tapatalk, although I use it all the time myself because of the lack of control. They had begun adding a lot of ads into the product recently although, curiously, there doesn't seem to be any right now, and that's nothing I've done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought NSC made a nice little profit - have I been naive?

£3.99 to Tapatalk? Nope - it all goes to them.

I've become less keen on Tapatalk, although I use it all the time myself because of the lack of control. They had begun adding a lot of ads into the product recently although, curiously, there doesn't seem to be any right now, and that's nothing I've done.
So you get none of the ad revenue from Tapatalk? If so, I can understand where you're coming from.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's currently cashflow positive month on month, yes.

But if everyone blocked ads then there wouldn't be an NSC as it stands.

There's your answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here