Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ad-blocking

Do you ad-block NSC?

• No, I don't ad block any sites

Votes: 146 56.2%
  • No, I ad block some sites but have white-listed NSC

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I wouldn't visit any more

Votes: 25 9.6%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would white-list NSC

Votes: 22 8.5%
  • Yes, I ad block NSC and if you blocked me from the site I would pay a small fee to go ad-free

Votes: 11 4.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don’t ad block, but would gladly pay a fee to get rid of them

I should have included that as an option!

I just tried NSC with an ad blocker for the first time and it was bloody quick!

(I was just testing that my AdBlock blocking script worked - it does)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, in fact I make a point of clicking on them every now and then as I hear this generates revenue for the site.

That's not always the case - some pay just to be there, and some pay per click. But I have no way of knowing which are which.

I love you anyway though!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be honest I'm a little surprised you allow anyone access if they're using an Adblocker.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i do as Hillian1.

when not logged in the ads can be terrible, especially ones that take up the whole screen. generally i ad block normally though as ads have made many sites unusable. advertisers are killing the internet, when simple banner and maybe tower ads do the job unobtrusivly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This thread has actually got me to install an ad blocker. The BBC site is now so much faster, much more like the the ad-free UK version.

I have whitelisted NSC though :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've never installed one yet never had any adds

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I surf via Opera, the best there is IMHO. It's built in AB is awesome and browsing likewise.

I refuse to pay a fee for NSC and if blocked via an AB blocker, I'd walk away from NSC as it's ads are the stuff of internet strangling nightmares.

Sorry but I rather think I'm ready to give it up in any event. I guess I'm not NSC PL ready.

And with that, he was gone.

Kosh

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be honest I'm a little surprised you allow anyone access if they're using an Adblocker.

I've been quite relaxed about it before, primarily because I didn't have other options available.

Don't adblock anything. Here on NSC, the adverts are hardly intrusive anyway.

That's the intention for logged in users. Three banners per page, two of which you might not even notice.

i do as Hillian1.

when not logged in the ads can be terrible, especially ones that take up the whole screen. generally i ad block normally though as ads have made many sites unusable. advertisers are killing the internet, when simple banner and maybe tower ads do the job unobtrusivly.

There are more ads for guests (just login!), but there shouldn't be any full-screen stuff now, although I need to make sure I keep checking the ad partners aren't being sneaky.

Nope, no add blocker. But the ads are getting very big

They shouldn't be for logged in users. The top banner was big over the weekend due to a config issue with the ad partner, but that was resolved first thing this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here