Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March and Lewis Dunk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lewis Dunk is now on a streak of 18 (eighteen) games without a yellow card, including games against Aguero, Vardy and Sanchez. Seriously impressive.

In an interview in the Telegraph on August 10 he was quoted:-

Obviously over the past few seasons I’ve got quite a few yellow cards and red cards for discipline, and it’s just cutting that out, taking a step back before engaging in stuff like that; clicking in your brain. Switching your brain on to step back rather than step forward.

I used to be a striker, and worked my way back when I was young. I got bigger and slower – and went further and further back. I’ve always had the ability on the ball – and it’s learning to control the aggression in the right way. I think I’m improving every season on that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will Solly March become odious if he rejects a new contract next summer and moves for 50 million quid?
Nope.

Sees out his contract and moves for free with a hefty signing on bonus...

...burn him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While enjoying the performance of March and the imoact he can have at this level, a I do wonder if he is benefiting from being an unknown quanity in the PL.
It will be interesting to see if he can continue with his current level if performance as we play teams for a 2nd time. Will the defenders know more about his moves and weaker areas and know more about how to shut him down.
They will probably come up with new ways to nullify him, and he in tern will have to come up with new ways to bear them. He's only just started at this level and he's only 23, hopefully he'll continue to improve.

Hopefully to replace the odious Sterling.
What did Sterling do wrong? City offered him the chance to play in the Champions League (Liverpool didn't qualify), the chance to win the title, and more money than Liverpool offered. What would be the point in staying?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They will probably come up with new ways to nullify him, and he in tern will have to come up with new ways to bear them. He's only just started at this level and he's only 23, hopefully he'll continue to improve.
Sadly for the injury ravaged Solly, Athletic showed there's no 'new way' to nullify a winger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Harry Maguire looking for his first England cap tomorrow, not sure why he's in the squad ahead of Dunk tbh.

Could it possibly be that Maguire has impressed over a full season and a bit at PL level, and Lewis has played 7 games??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here