Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to Oxford?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We need to win at Stevenage in 5 weeks time.

If we do, an MK Dons victory over Oxford United in 90 minutes will put us through. Alternatively, Oxford United would need to beat MK Dons in 90 minutes and the combination of our victory and Dons' defeat would need to alter our GD (currently -2) to be better than theirs (currently +2). A draw in the Oxford/Dons tie will almost certainly send us out due to Oxford's much better GD.

Unbelievable knowledge

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The left winger amanach was exactly how I hoped he would be. He went at the fullback with real intent. He'd be quality in a championship loan.
Tilley is a prospect and had a confident, mature air about him.
Bit disappointed by collar who has impressed in other games.
No gaffs from the keeper

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Glad for James Tilley that he got another goal. I think if he can carry on his development then the subs bench could be an option in a few months.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I was pleasantly surprised by our quality. We held our lines well, looked organised and very comfortable on the ball. Seemed a bit physically intimidated at times in the first 20 minutes but gained in confidence and were their equal in the second half. We definitely played the best football. Stand out performers for me were Ahannach - very good first touch and pretty quick, Cox - good defensively, good runs forward and some fantastic crosses that could have easily resulted in goals, Mandriou - confident, bustly and linked well with Tilley. I can't pick out any one who had a bad game. Given we had a number of regulars on international duty, I reckon our future looks pretty bright.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was good entertainment for a tenner, crowd only 1,000, this competition clearly isn't catching people's imagination

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Tilley joined Crawley on loan until January it could be win-win for both clubs.

Crawley are crying out for a striker. He might help save their league status. Not too far for him to travel.

He comes back, is full of confidence and gives us another option up front.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If Tilley joined Crawley on loan until January it could be win-win for both clubs.

Crawley are crying out for a striker. He might help save their league status. Not too far for him to travel.

He comes back, is full of confidence and gives us another option up front.

Agreed. Aren't there are a couple of other loanees who train at Lancing in the week when they're not with their respective loan clubs? Or did I imagine that.
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Tilley's goal was just class i know these guys are proffesionals and football is what they do but without seeing it again it was just a pure instinctive curling one touch strike on the edge of the area , hopefully some highlights will appear so everyone can see them .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Agreed. Aren't there are a couple of other loanees who train at Lancing in the week when they're not with their respective loan clubs? Or did I imagine that.
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]?

Lads at non-league level (such as Rian O'Sullivan and Reece Meekums at Worthing, Bailey Vose at Eastbourne Borough and Archie Davies at Whitehawk) will certainly continue to train at Lancing. But it is a moot point as far as Crawley are concerned, as the "loan window" no longer exists in the Football League (outside of the transfer window).

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Great performance against experienced opposition. Very confident, quick passing game in 2nd half. Probably the youngest team we've fielded in a competition like this? The goals were shown on BBC news (local not national! ) today. If we don't win at Stevenage may be we continue in a lesser Europa league type competition?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here