nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Total deaths from terrorism in the USA since 2010 is 119

Hillary Clinton, if I recall posts here during the run-in to the election last year, has had at least that many people murdered....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It really isn't. I understand why your communication skills are not tip top - and you ought to too. The number of times I have seen other posters on here attempting and failing to guess wft you are going on about is legion. Try to take a bit more care. Try to play it straight since the distinctions between facetiousness, sarcasm, irony and badinage appear to be way beyond your pay grade.

No really it is. If you Lack the wit to grasp it in its lowest form Im not responsible for that, They say life is hard and even harder if your stupid so you should try harder. If in doubt maybe you should ask for clarification as its how people learn, to move past your pay grade.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, this reads like you are in favour of gun control. But I have a feeling (based on your previous posts) you may not be in favour of gun control. I'd ask for clarification but.....well.....tbh I'm not sure I'm all that interested in what you really think. Sorry about that. :shrug:

Thats OK, I have never found your posts enlightening.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Read the second line. Oh, and plus do you really think Americans are going to seek guidance on NSC?

The world would be a better and safer place if they did. Long live the good common sense of NSC for things that really matter.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I go on to Liveleak now and again. Look at their views against "Liberal" Europeans. They won't change. Leave them with their guns and give the USA a swerve. (I appreciate that most of them come from the central states that no one wants to visit)

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ae2_1507042795

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had a discussion about the US with Mrs T tonight. While we agree that it would be helpful for things to be different, they vote for gun ownership and so it is for them to live with the consequences. On the whole it seems they feel safer being able to own a gun, even if that means someone else may legally own 40 guns and with no criminal or medical impediment, use them to kill or maim 100s of citizens going about their business. I personally feel safer unarmed in the UK than I would feel armed in the US, and would campaign to keep it that way. Fortunately the UK equivalent of the NRA is no more influential than the footy lads (or whatever they tattoo on their beer bellies) and I don't see that changing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The world would be a better and safer place if they did. Long live the good common sense of NSC for things that really matter.

Well, we know that but there's really no point discussing something so obvious yet something that isn't going to happen. Trump has already has kicked the can up the road, " We'll be talking about gun laws.. " yea, right.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Well, we know that but there's really no point discussing something so obvious yet something that isn't going to happen. Trump has already has kicked the can up the road, " We'll be talking about gun laws.. " yea, right.

Exactly. Trump has only been talking to his base, he couldn't give a toss about what others think about him, so there is no way he is going to piss off the gun nuts.
I just wonder what pearls of wisdom the fool will come out with though. Just seen him tossing kitchen rolls about in Puerto Rico, the imbecile.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

In general I agree with you. If something as horrific as this attack will not get them to change, then nothing will.

But also I guess people on this will have felt a mixture of horror, sadness, grief, anger and all sorts of things, so it is probably cathartic to be able to share some of it and reassuring to see that other people are of similar mind.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I go on to Liveleak now and again. Look at their views against "Liberal" Europeans. They won't change. Leave them with their guns and give the USA a swerve. (I appreciate that most of them come from the central states that no one wants to visit)

Thanks for that link. Very illuminating!!! It's so awful it verges on the hilarious, #proudtobeaeuroc**t

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
From MSN:

Paddock probably secreted the weapons to his Mandalay Bay suite using more than 10 suitcases he brought with him. Lombardo said hotel housekeeping had been there since Paddock checked in on Sept. 28 and spotted nothing nefarious....."

Seriously? A single man with 10 suitcases???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From MSN:

Paddock probably secreted the weapons to his Mandalay Bay suite using more than 10 suitcases he brought with him. Lombardo said hotel housekeeping had been there since Paddock checked in on Sept. 28 and spotted nothing nefarious....."

Seriously? A single man with 10 suitcases???[/QUOTE]

Weighing in at about 400lb including the bullets ? I hope the porter got a VERY good tip and a voucher for a massage.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Some of the comments are beyond belief. Beyond the coastal cities generally its a pretty insular and backward place. So glad I was born on this side of the pond

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The parallels are striking.

I'm a sixty four year old ex-accountant though I've never held 42 guns as that's not the answer to anything let alone the universe. Being native American through my mother from Pittsburgh I wonder how things would have turned out had she stayed in the USA. I've had girlfriends who think it's nothing to pack a gun. Indeed Glenda from Houston was told to shoot an intruder just before I met her. Life seems cheap in the USA.

Those poor people.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I see Paddock shot himself in the MOUTH (literally seen - it's grim).

Probably took him several minutes to die. Shame.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've seen numerous people on twitter spinning this into a liberal conspiracy / false flag operation to bring down the gun lobby / Trump / Merica. For F*cks Sake!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Do we know how many people in this country are killed by intruders? The argument that you need a gun in your house seems odd. Do these people actually want to shoot someone who tries to pinch their tv or do they think that every house break in is someone intent on murder?

It seems likely that the person coming in is armed so appearing with a gun is surely more likely to lead to you getting shit yourself isn't it?

All this talk of "laws don't stop bad people" is bizarre. Or do these people think that rape should not be illegal? Or murder? Or anything actually. Their argument is essentially laws make no difference. Bizarre.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievably paranoid country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here