Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Some of the comments are beyond belief. Beyond the coastal cities generally its a pretty insular and backward place. So glad I was born on this side of the pond
Youve obviously travelled extensively throughout the mid west and other parts of the US that dont come under the label ''coastal cities'' ?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Youve obviously travelled extensively throughout the mid west and other parts of the US that dont come under the label ''coastal cities'' ?

I have traveled in the midwest and it is a pretty insular and backward place except for the major cities such as Chicago, St Louis, Milwaukee and Kansas City.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have traveled in the midwest and it is a pretty insular and backward place except for the major cities such as Chicago, St Louis, Milwaukee and Kansas City.
Like a lot of places in lots of different countries outside major population centres then ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I saw one interview with a woman who'd been at the concert, and the interviewer asked whether she thought better gun laws right have helped stop this tragedy.

The woman was genuinely upset that she'd left her own gun at home. Because if she hadn't, she said, then she and others could have 'defended' themselves.

So her solution to some guy randomly firing at people was to have lots more people randomly firing everywhere too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've seen numerous people on twitter spinning this into a liberal conspiracy / false flag operation to bring down the gun lobby / Trump / Merica. For F*cks Sake!

Which, history tells us is ludicrous because after each of these type of massacres gun ownership in the US increases and the support for gun ownership increases. Besides which, the horse has well and truly bolted, come back in for his dinner and bolted again. Only evolution will rid America of guns, not legislation.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We have an American Security Officer on board, & I was discussing gun laws in the U.S with him. He has a stash of several high powered guns at home & he said, "We need to bear arms to defend ourselves against the government". This is an ex Chicago detective of 25 years service. Jesus.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sadly, he is probably right.

Attachments

• 22140817_2049851688359132_4502111960668692212_n.jpg
    22140817_2049851688359132_4502111960668692212_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 145

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Utterly insane.
The Trump thread on here went a bit off topic with conspiracy theory talk. Even in what we might think is the relatively sane world of NSC, there are a few people on here who will entertain or push the idea that things like Sandy Hook were fake. Nutters.

It is utterly insane. Those people sure are attached to their conspiracy theories (and guns).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here