Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocked to see so many Arsenal fans getting on at Worthing, Hove etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it is incredible how many Albion fans there are now, all things considered.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Poor ********, imagine having to watch football in that morgue every other week. Thank goodness we're Brighton.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Arsenal fan Nick Hornby does a good job in explaining why we support our particular teams in Fever Pitch:

“Few of us have chosen our clubs, they have simply been presented to us; and so as they slip from Second Division to the Third, or sell their best players, or buy players who you know can't play, or bash the ball the seven hundredth time towards a nine foot centre-forward, we simply curse, go home, worry for a fortnight and then come back to suffer all over again.”

“I had discovered after the Swindon game that loyalty, at least in football terms, was not a moral choice like bravery or kindness; it was more like a wart or a hump, something you were stuck with. Marriages are nowhere near as rigid - you won’t catch any Arsenal fans slipping off to Tottenham for a bit of extra-marital slap and tickle, and though divorce is a possibility (you can just stop going if things get too bad), getting hitched again is out of the question.”

In short, we don't choose our teams.

They choose us.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
boring on the pitch, boring atmosphere in the ground and the worst opinionated up their own arses bores ive encountered on the train home for ages.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We all know there are a lot of "big" teams fans living in Sussex but I was really shocked how many were getting on the train from the south coast.

Yes I am sure that some of them have a london history etc but for the rest I just don't get it. Why support a team so far away just because they are a big club.

What is it all about?

The sooner we get a bigger stadium and start converting these families the better. (I realise we have already done that once!).

You cannot convert fans of big teams.

Let us focus on winning over the next generation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When we were at Withdean, Mike award wrote his book Gullhsnger about being an Arsenal fan through habit, but decided to watch the Albion as he had moved down here.
He found a passion for a team which he never had for Arsenal.

I remember he got pelters on Nsc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When we were at Withdean, Mike award wrote his book Gullhsnger about being an Arsenal fan through habit, but decided to watch the Albion as he had moved down here.
He found a passion for a team which he never had for Arsenal.

I remember he got pelters on Nsc.

Who does he support now?

Wasn't he the plonker who dissed the Palace rivalry too?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So there are fans of London clubs living in Sussex. Big deal. Why do people get so upset at what teams other people support?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The sooner we get a bigger stadium and start converting these families the better. (I realise we have already done that once!).

No thanks.

When I was in the stadium yesterday it made me appreciate even more how lucky we are to have the Amex.
Nice stadium at Arsenal but as an older fan something didn't feel right about watching a football match there.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
No thanks.

When I was in the stadium yesterday it made me appreciate even more how lucky we are to have the Amex.
Nice stadium at Arsenal but as an older fan something didn't feel right about watching a football match there.

It didn't feel right to me either. A lot of the Arsenal "fans" appeared to be either part of the London liberal metroplitan elite or tourists having photos taken with half and half scarfs. The only surprise was that I didn't hear the chant "Oh Jeremy Corbyn".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Amex is almost bursting and the away allocations insufficient.

Let them have their Arsenal, we're pretty much full.

:albion2:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Give me the amex over a soulless ground like arsenal have any day!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's still with Brighton. My post followed post 26. Your post is one explanation why.

Is that a putdown? If so fine, but yes he did piss me off with his comments having never experienced the rivalry.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I know football is a business these days but there are limits to where this should be taken, without passion the whole thing becomes sterile and will eventually die when the next fad comes through. Arsenal have taken the business first aspect too far and treats its fans as cash cows.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
It also works the other way...
I've been in London and been surprised at how many Brighton fans are there, going down to the Amex.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It also works the other way...
I've been in London and been surprised at how many Brighton fans are there, going down to the Amex.
Christ who would willingly move to that shithole?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here