Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

24hrs of Islamist terror - France, Canada & Birmingham

More people die, statistically, from heart failure during a marathon than terrorist bombs.

What's the figures when you marry them up, correctly, when it comes to spectators dying of heart failure V spectators dying of being blown up by muslim extremists where a bomb has gone off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bore off you selective censorious knob. I was referring to left-wing dickish arguments.

No, you were being your usual insouciant self, always ready to turn anything slightly progressive into a snide sneer against poeple whose politics appears to scare the shit out of you. It is borderline trolling, and is beginning to remind me of the insufferable FG of NSC way back when.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No, you were being your usual insouciant self, always ready to turn anything slightly progressive into a snide sneer against poeple whose politics appears to scare the shit out of you. It is borderline trolling, and is beginning to remind me of the insufferable FG of NSC way back when.

For 'Slightly progressive' see head in the sand or up their own backsides.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ok point taken. I won't start any new threads on terrorism. Back to the footy, I think 9 points is. possible from our next 5 games. Would put us in a great position before the next transfer window where hopefully we can strengthen up front further

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What's the figures when you marry them up, correctly, when it comes to spectators dying of heart failure V spectators dying of being blown up by muslim extremists where a bomb has gone off.

What a morbid request. 3 deaths at Boston is probably less than the number of spectator heart failure deaths at marathons over the last 100 years.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ok point taken. I won't start any new threads on terrorism. Back to the footy, I think 9 points is. possible from our next 5 games. Would put us in a great position before the next transfer window where hopefully we can strengthen up front further

Stick to Islamaphobia at least you're talking from your heart.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ah ok, that makes it alright then.

As you were.

Look mate if you're really worried send a PM and we can arrange a man hug. You need to man up. What use would you have been in the trenches? The two of you seem to be in need of assistance to deal with fears of imminent death. Come on splash some cold water on your face and carry on as normal. You can get through this. Anyone would think you were a Palace fan.

Look mate if you're really worried send a PM and we can arrange a man hug. You need to man up. What use would you have been in the trenches? The two of you seem to be in need of assistance to deal with fears of imminent death. Come on splash some cold water on your face and carry on as normal. You can get through this. Anyone would think you were a Palace fan.

I'm the one not trying to appease them, let that sink in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

None of us are going to make it to the next transfer window, Kim Jung Un and President Trump will see to that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is the single biggest threat to our security in the modern era and it's happening all across the world almost daily so it's hardly a small issue. It's a HUGE problem .

Climate change is the biggest threat to us all.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

I won't post pictures of nasty car accidents, old folk who die alone, vulnerable folk screwed up with drugs etc.

We have laws against extremism. Even showing an interest is an offence.

So what do you hope to achieve ? No-one on here supports extremism. So what is your additional agenda ?

Life is full of woes. This one is real. But so are countless others that get far less attention.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Can't believe they are people on here who think we shouldn't be worried about Islamic terrorism. Unbelievable.

I await the next attack and you to tell me how it barely ever happens.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can't believe they are people on here who think we shouldn't be worried about Islamic terrorism. Unbelievable.

I await the next attack and you to tell me how it barely ever happens.

People are more sensible than you make out. There is a risk from terrorism but people dont rate it as highly as you and a few others do.

The main issue is that even if only one person is killed in a terrorist attack it is headline news nationally whereas a car crash killing 1 or 2 will only be local news.

The risk perception is increased for those that don't look at things rationally.

Much like a plane crash the headlines and numbers involved make many people believe flying us dangerous whereas it is safer than driving.

People don't dismiss the risk and will be alert for left suitcases or suspicious people. However they know that for virtually 100% of the time there is not a threat of them being caught up in this.

Yes people will not visit countries where the Foreign Office say don't go but will still travel throughout Europe and America as the risk is not a high one.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
People are more sensible than you make out. There is a risk from terrorism but people dont rate it as highly as you and a few others do.

The main issue is that even if only one person is killed in a terrorist attack it is headline news nationally whereas a car crash killing 1 or 2 will only be local news.

The risk perception is increased for those that don't look at things rationally.

Much like a plane crash the headlines and numbers involved make many people believe flying us dangerous whereas it is safer than driving.

People don't dismiss the risk and will be alert for left suitcases or suspicious people. However they know that for virtually 100% of the time there is not a threat of them being caught up in this.

Yes people will not visit countries where the Foreign Office say don't go but will still travel throughout Europe and America as the risk is not a high one.

The threat of Islamic terrorism DOES resonate with people and sadly they are deeply deeply scared about it. Pretending otherwise is absurd.

The failed Parson St bomb led to a stampede and more people were injured through their reaction to the realisation that there was a bomb on the train than the bomb itself.

This is not rare, recently in Oxford Street an innocent electrical fault outside John Lewis that caused a bang that then led to a stampede, dozens were injured but it was not widely reported.

So, it’s not just Islamic terrorism that is the threat, it’s people’s fear of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4574086/2-000-fans-run-fear-firework-mistaken-bomb.html

You can prattle on like an adolescent about how rational you think you are, had there been a “bang” outside the Emirates or on way to Arsenal underground station yesterday then things would have been different........and if you are not thinking about that then you are just dumb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here