Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
DEFFENDING TERROR ARE YOU :facepalm:
regards
DR

:clap:

Honestly, receiving a verbal tirade from you reminds me of when I was in a Queensland rock pool and I could feel this tickling at the back of my foot.

I turned around to see a small crayfish digging its pincers in me and trying to eat me alive. All I could do was laugh at its best efforts.

Quite why you think this forum should be a wealth of columns on Islamists, alpha ignorance, and the glorifying of football violence with ever taller tales is beyond me. It's like it consumes you.

Perhaps I should take you more seriously. But that would mean spending time trying to reason. I don't want to do that and I suspect you won't be too bothered yourself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You should apologise for misreading what was actually said. He was referring to arguments, so who is now the cxxxx?

No. It was more in a long line of relentless sniping at 'the left', out of context, tiresome, repetitive. I have tried to have (and I think succeeded in having) pleasant exchanges with this poster, with whom I disagree on certain issues. But the relentless schoolboy point scoring (or attempted but failed point scoring) on an evening when, for me at least, pride in my team making a good fist of it against Arsenal had me expecting folk might take a bit of time off from campaigning for a conservative victory (and on other threads, whipping up more anti muslim hysteria - not hime - some other arse) tripped my fuse. It was not the one post. It was the cumulative effect of the endless insouciance. Anyway, he used the expression 'bore off' which, to me, is on a par with 'I bought my friend to the football'. Je ne regret rien.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Those who panic are lost

At no time on Sunday did I think about being blown up or shot at. I was just thinking about the game and everyday stuff.

This does not make me or others dumb. Maybe due to working in London makes you more relaxed about these issues while still being alert for something out of place.

If you live in say Worthing Devizes Torquay or similar places you should not come into contact with terrorism.

If you go about constantly scared of terrorism you are over reacting.

As I posted to the OP if you are that scared why go to the game yesterday.

I will carry on enjoying my life without walking around a nervous wreck believing I will probably be killed whenever I leave the house

Well, having seen the footage of the tragic Vegas incident I think that unabated panic is pretty much what happens when terror attacks take place or simply the perception that a terror attack is taking place. You can live in your fantasy bubble that people will keep calm and carry on, they won’t, generally speaking in the rush for safety the weak will be crushed by the strong.

Depressingly we both know there will be more terror to come, and therefore there will be no change to the wider public perception of the threat of Islamic terror, whether or not the risks are credible.

I’m regularly in London, I don’t need to be told that living with Islamic terror is part of living in a big city.........those that do are actually just dumb.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Around 35 people have been killed in Islamist terror attacks in the UK this year.

Roughly the same number were killed in 2016 by a car/van/lorry/bus while walking on the pavement.

The risks are roughly the same, both seem to be rising and - as individuals - there's nothing we can do to avoid beyond not leaving our homes.

But most of us (including me) worry much more about the terrorism because it has a massively higher profile in the media, and there's lots of demand to do something about it.

So it seems to me that the 'burying heads in the sand' here is on traffic violence. 1,700 die every year, killed by drivers in the UK. Better design, enforcement and laws could massively reduce this. It's not going to happen though.

I agree.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I presume it has been posted elsewhere. The 'next attack', claimed by 'isis' was done by this professional gambler from America...... largest gun massacre in US history.

View attachment 89924

What's your point? That this somehow makes up for the all the Islamic terror over the world?

Like another poster said, we shouldn't worry at all because the chance of an American being killed in a massacre is statistically low.

Jan 30, 2008
:clap:

Honestly, receiving a verbal tirade from you reminds me of when I was in a Queensland rock pool and I could feel this tickling at the back of my foot.

I turned around to see a small crayfish digging its pincers in me and trying to eat me alive. All I could do was laugh at its best efforts.

Quite why you think this forum should be a wealth of columns on Islamists, alpha ignorance, and the glorifying of football violence with ever taller tales is beyond me. It's like it consumes you.

Perhaps I should take you more seriously. But that would mean spending time trying to reason. I don't want to do that and I suspect you won't be too bothered yourself.
no need to justify yourself, we know where you stand on the matter:wink:
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's your point? That this somehow makes up for the all the Islamic terror over the world?

Like another poster said, we shouldn't worry at all because the chance of an American being killed in a massacre is statistically low.

Makes up for? No. Irrelevant. I agree with the other poster that statistically the overal risks of being killed by terrorists is low. I would also add that statistically in America the lone non-isis nutter seems to be contributing substantially to the total mayem. But I guess I was simply, but ineloquently, expressing my exasperation with the original nature of the thread. Apologies if that didn't come across clearly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here