Propper 7.5
Izquierdo 6
March 7
Gross 6 - weirdly lacking in confidence
Brown 6

Knockaert 6.5
Schelloto 6.5
Murray 6.5

Ryan 9 for his goalkeeping ability - certainly his positioning is improving and getting close to matching Stockdale now. However....and this is now getting ridiculous - 30 yeas of watching football (mostly on telly/PC admittedly) and I have never AT ANY LEVEL seen a goalkeeper kick so many goal kicks into touch...Now by all means do it approaching the end of each half to waste time but jeez man, he needs to learn to kick straight..,,
So overall 7.5

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ryan v good
Dunk v good
March good
Everyone else, not bad.

Arsenal, better (particularly that Sanchez chap)

Ho hum.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
......I reckon Propper might develop into one of the greatest half dozen Albion players of all time. Not clicking yet but he is mustard.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Quite a good team performance

Ryan - 7 (good)
Bruno - 6 (would have been a 5 but improved in 2nd half)
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Bong - 6 (pleased to see him back- did ok)
Izquierdo - 5 (promising but not really fitting yet)
Stephens - 6
Propper - 6
March - 7 (MOM)
Gross - 6
Brown 5 - (Out of position)

Schelotto - 5
Murray - 7 ( showed what were missing)
Knockaert - 6

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ryan 8

Bruno 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Bong 5

Stephens 7.5
Propper 7
Izquierdo 5
March 7

Gross 6
Brown 4 - playing out of posistion and looked disinterested at times

Subs:
Knockaert 7
Schelotto 7
Murray 7.5 - gives us something different

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Strange how we all see things differently. I thought Bong was excellent yesterday

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 8 MOTM

Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 7

Izquierdo 6
Propper 7
Stephens 7
March 7.5

Gross 6
Brown 4

Schelotto 7 - Potential for flairest player in the club's history
Murray 7
Knockaert 7

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Marks from a popular newspaper,including subs:Solly 7,Dunky 7,all the rest 6.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So with no recognised striker , you wanted us to take lacazette, Sanchez and the rest on at their own game?
Is this what they call fishing ?

Not at all because Lacazette and Sanchez are dangerous around the penalty box so by defending further up the field we may have restricted them getting into the box so often. Dunk and Duffy operating outside of the box with the 2 banks of four would have achieved this. Our problems may then have come from out wide but that is another scenario for us to have faced.which we would have dealt with as it happened.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I only heard reports during the first half on Radio 5, but the impression given (mostly by David Pleat - so not necessarily a reliable source) was that we were set up to only defend, we were defending way too deep with everyone behind the ball and inviting Arsenal to attack (the goals were an inevitable result of this), we had little or no threat up front, and no attacking intent - in short we looked slow, naive, overawed and gave them way too much respect.

Is that a fair summary of how we played,or it is complete twaddle?

It would have been a fairer summary if D P had explained to the listeners the reason why we had no thread up front.
"Overawed", I don't think so. Outplayed but not outfought, there we we a lot of guts out there yesterday.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I'm not convinced by Stephens at the moment. He does a lot of excellent things in terms of disruption of the opposition and keeping the ball moving (although too often backwards), but he also makes a lot of expensive/potentially expensive mistakes. He is Pl quality some of the time, championship quality some of the time. The question is whether the strengths he brings cancel out the weaknesses.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ryan 9 for his goalkeeping ability - certainly his positioning is improving and getting close to matching Stockdale now. However....and this is now getting ridiculous - 30 yeas of watching football (mostly on telly/PC admittedly) and I have never AT ANY LEVEL seen a goalkeeper kick so many goal kicks into touch...Now by all means do it approaching the end of each half to waste time but jeez man, he needs to learn to kick straight..,,
So overall 7.5

FDM was much worse, but certainly at this level his kicking is way off currently.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm not convinced by Stephens at the moment. He does a lot of excellent things in terms of disruption of the opposition and keeping the ball moving (although too often backwards), but he also makes a lot of expensive/potentially expensive mistakes. He is Pl quality some of the time, championship quality some of the time. The question is whether the strengths he brings cancel out the weaknesses.

As someone else mentioned, he is bottom 14 quality which is enough for us. He is not suddenly going to turn into a Kante or a Xavi when we come up against the MEGA SIX.

Which brings me onto rating our players when facing these teams. Are people being completely relative game by game when rating, or are you rating based on the enormous gulf in quality when facing these teams? For example a "did ok considering.." attitude would yield better scores than "he hardly touched the ball, he was shite".

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It is funny how opinions differ, isn't it? I thought he had his best Premier League game for us yesterday yet there seems to be a lot of criticism for him on this thread. He gave the ball away a couple of times (but less than in previous times) and at least once took it straight back off Sanchez. I feel he and Propper are really developing together. My only concern is if one of them gets injured.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ryan 8 - Very good save just before half time and good handling from shots generally. Looks like a good signing now after being written off by some
Bruno 6 - Solid but nothing spectacular. Not able to get forward as much as usual, understandably
Dunk 8 - Generally very good except for one or two loose passes. Carried the ball out of defence impressively on a couple of occasions and tested Cech from distance in one of those
Duffy 7 - Solid again. Also gave the ball away a couple of times but very good in the air as usual
Bong 6 - Struggled early on but settled in the game and did better than I feared when I heard the team
Propper 7 - Decent enough in midfield. Felt we matched Arsenal there for parts of the game but they just have better players
Stephens 7 - Same as Propper. Got stuck in played well overall.
Gross 6 - Not as effective further back (feel he is a bit wasted there) but did put in one amazing cross for Murray near the end
Izquierdo 6 - Decent early on but seemed to tire a bit (and got less service in the second half). Will be interesting to see if Hughton gives him another start against Everton
Brown 6 - Difficult job in an unnatural position but contributed in the first half. Again faded in the second, partly due to match fitness I imagine but also got no service
March 8 - A real threat. Must now be our first choice winger. Brilliant strike against the post and very dangerous in first half. Felt Arsenal doubled up on him in the second, which shows how well he played.

Subs:

Knockaert 5 - Still trying to hard to make something happen. Feel he needs to go back to basics but it will come
Murray 6 - Looked much fitter than previous sub appearances and did well to get on the end of Gross' cross (although once he got there, maybe should have hit the target). Encouraging for Everton
Scheletto 6 - Thought he did okay when he came on. Wonder if Hughton will be tempted to try him wide right from the start in other tough away games

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It is funny how opinions differ, isn't it? I thought he had his best Premier League game for us yesterday yet there seems to be a lot of criticism for him on this thread. He gave the ball away a couple of times (but less than in previous times) and at least once took it straight back off Sanchez. I feel he and Propper are really developing together. My only concern is if one of them gets injured.

There was still some utter twonk shouting at him for losing it amidst him winning it back shortly after. Also thought he played well but expected the usual ratings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here