Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley winning at Everton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which is a shame, I was hoping they'd be one of the strugglers. Their away record this season is frankly amazing :down:

Probably one team we can cross off finishing in the bottom three if they can keep this up.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Which is a shame, I was hoping they'd be one of the strugglers. Their away record this season is frankly amazing :down:

Probably one team we can cross off finishing in the bottom three if they can keep this up.

Everton are below us, so getting beaten is good for us. We remain at 14th going into the international break. Burnley are in 6th place.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
OptaJoe‏
2 hours ago:
Everton have lost their last four [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION] games on a Sunday by an aggregate score of 1-12. Rest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everton are below us, so getting beaten is good for us. We remain at 14th going into the international break. Burnley are in 6th place.

Strongly disagree. It’s the long haul that counts not the odd league place today. Like the OP, I’d hoped that Burnley would be one of those we’d be scrapping with.

The fact is we never know what is a “good result” until 38 games have been played, but I just can’t see Everton being one of those in our mini league come May.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People getting 'stressed' by other team's results this early in the season. Really? More important today was Leeds being put back in their place, just a shame if had to be Massive who did it.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Koeman will be sacked soon. When we play them, probably a new guy in charge.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Strongly disagree. It’s the long haul that counts not the odd league place today. Like the OP, I’d hoped that Burnley would be one of those we’d be scrapping with.

The fact is we never know what is a “good result” until 38 games have been played, but I just can’t see Everton being one of those in our mini league come May.

I think it's a psychological boost. We can play in this league, but are lacking confidence. That is starting to grow, and the team can believe in themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
People getting 'stressed' by other team's results this early in the season. Really? More important today was Leeds being put back in their place, just a shame if had to be Massive who did it.

Your head is clearly in the wrong division. :wink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I never believed Burnley were going to be in trouble this season, they are strong and united under Dyche. Teams like that, with a season or two in the premier league and a squad built in the mold of their manager, who got them promoted and kept them up - they don't tend to get in trouble. Bournemouth are the same. Its teams that find themselves with the wrong manager, get themselves in a bit of turmoil from a run of bad results and a key injury or two, they will often be surprisingly bad. Palace are there already, Swansea and Leicester are teetering, West Brom possibly if they are daft enough to get rid of Pulis, West Ham's late winner yesterday has given them some breathing space, while Everton could easily have a bad season, although surely too strong to go down?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Burnley and Watford will stay up with ease. That's not hindsight. I defended the respective records of their excellent managers and the excellent squads they've both built up, back in the summer, when a couple of others laughed loftily at those two clubs.

It simply means that others will join us instead in the relegation mini league. Bournemouth, WBA, for example?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Burnley and Watford will stay up with ease. That's not hindsight. I defended the respective records of their excellent managers and the excellent squads they've both built up, back in the summer, when a couple of others laughed loftily at those two clubs.

It simply means that others will join us instead in the relegation mini league. Bournemouth, WBA, for example?
Southampton?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here