Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I watched on mute. It saw in the BBC the Albion fans getting praise - so how was the atmo? Also, please tell me we sang 'we support our local team' a lot :thumbsup:

It was sad to see so many Arse 'fans' travelling to the game from the coast.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh, and a cheeseburger was £10.50 (not sit down, just in a carton) in the Arsenal lounges. TEN POUNDS FIFTY! And an extra £3.50 for some fries. Islingtons finest we're queuing up for too. It's a different world. Madness. Soul destroying money making machine but a football club it isn't.

Isn't that even more than Wembley?

What a joke.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why it is one of the easiest away games to get to and at a sensible time for travelling?

Not sure who you are criticising but it's not an easy ground to get to. Loads had trouble on the trains, I think it's a nightmare to get back to the main line stations to get home and it took 4 hours to get home by coach. Dread to think how long it takes when it's busy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's not Wenger that should be sacked it the supporters

Indeed. I was sat near the halfway line, with the Albion support to my left. We (BHA) made a good old noise, and indeed the team played some excellent football.

It was unbelievably quiet in the rest of the ground, by contrast. A bit of singing (3 times) to my right, but absolute silence where I sat. I was reminded of the North at Withdean where, on one occasion I ventured there, I was 'shushed' when I shouted. But whereas the NS Withdeaners were mostly geriatrics, the people around us at the Arse were young and fit. Mind you the 3 on my right were, like me, secret away supporters.

All I can say is that I rue the day we have won the double and had 20 consecutive qualifications for the championz league. The sense of entitlement is literally corrosive to the soul. Literally. Fact.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton Fans did well today I was in the north bank hospitality at the opposite end in my box was Charlie George Ray Parlour
But the best guy was Sammy Nelson😜I
Wound up a few Arsenal Fans.😜😜

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. I was sat near the halfway line, with the Albion support to my left. We (BHA) made a good old noise, and indeed the team played some excellent football.

It was unbelievably quiet in the rest of the ground, by contrast. A bit of singing (3 times) to my right, but absolute silence where I sat. I was reminded of the North at Withdean where, on one occasion I ventured there, I was 'shushed' when I shouted. But whereas the NS Withdeaners were mostly geriatrics, the people around us at the Arse were young and fit. Mind you the 3 on my right were, like me, secret away supporters.

All I can say is that I rue the day we have won the double and had 20 consecutive qualifications for the championz league. The sense of entitlement is literally corrosive to the soul. Literally. Fact.

Plus £2,000 a season ticket wiped out their hard core fanbase. Replaced by monied JCL's from the Home Counties.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Posted on another thread. My uncle was born in Sussex but moved to London in the 60s. A season ticket holder for many many years. Had a very expensive centre line seat at Highbury.

Went to the new ground a few times and never went back.

It should be a cauldron but as my brother pointed out feels like a trip on the London eye.

Something very wrong there. I didn't expect it to look so tired inside either. My seat was broken :)

Possibly something to do with the huge corporate rings. The real fans either suffering a shallow pitch side view or up in the clouds.

Rubbish, really rubbish.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Yes. Only just started reading through the rest of this thread and, yes. Exactly. I have to say that the 'comfort' was 'OK'. I have a softer seat and much more legroom in West Upper Amex than I had today in the supposedly good home seats at the so called Emirates.

BTW, the stewards did NOT frisk many (any?) 'home fans'. The went through a few larger bags but I was really looking forward to being THOROUGHLY seen to by an Emirates Stewardess. Poor show.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton Fans did well today I was in the north bank hospitality at the opposite end in my box was Charlie George Ray Parlour
But the best guy was Sammy Nelson��I
Wound up a few Arsenal Fans.����

Did he get his arse out again?

Sammy%20Nelson.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure who you are criticising but it's not an easy ground to get to. Loads had trouble on the trains, I think it's a nightmare to get back to the main line stations to get home and it took 4 hours to get home by coach. Dread to think how long it takes when it's busy

Only criticising those who suggested that the supporters needed praise for getting to the game. When attending The Amex I see a number of Arsenal fans returning from a home game when I am at Haywards Heath station so it takes no longer to get to and from The Emirates than to The Amex.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its because for Arsenal, Brighton is like Rotherham turning up at the Amex for a lunch time game. For us its a huge occasion, and away fans are always more enthusiastic hard core fans.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I live in London obviously and found it very easy to get home.

Short walk to Finsbury park and had the option of two tube lines or train.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its because for Arsenal, Brighton is like Rotherham turning up at the Amex for a lunch time game. For us its a huge occasion, and away fans are always more enthusiastic hard core fans.

So are you saying the fans who only go to home games are not hard core. I have spent 40 years travelling to away games but now due to age etc no longer go to away gamed does that make me any less a hard core fan

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But it's a Premier League game.

Do Arsenal fans only get up for 5 games a season ?

My uncle LOVED Arsenal. He took my Dad to those classic cup finals. We used to drive up before and watch it on TV in my Uncles house in Barnet whilst they went to the game.

I think that's made 1983 so special for me. I'd already had a sniff of the magic.

They've driven the soul out of the club. It isn't like that at Anfield and although I haven't been for a number of years, I doubt Old Trafford.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So are you saying the fans who only go to home games are not hard core. I have spent 40 years travelling to away games but now due to age etc no longer go to away gamed does that make me any less a hard core fan
Not everyone, but yes in general the fans who travel long distances and have to use a lot more money to get to away games are more hard core 'louder' fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here